Brian Keith Jackson
A
Some of these near empty malls could be turned into Senior Living Facilities. They have enough space for everything one would need. Movie theater, walking track, gym, food court, grocery store, fountains to sit around, etc. They could have an onsite doctor's office. The potential is there.
10:22 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Call me Jim again
A
In response to Brian Keith Jackson.
Love this. Haircuts, vision centers, small stores to buy commodities.

My mom is living in a place that is nice but needs a whole lot more for the money I'm paying.

It would give them a sense of freedom also, since many no longer drive.
11:02 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Kirk Taylor
A
Supposedly within the next year or two in my town, the oldest and largest shopping mall will begin a conversion process to housing. In doing so virtually all of the elements of the actual mall will disappear.
This is an old outdoor mall so it doesn't have a food court or theater, just lots of space
10:57 PM - Dec 02, 2023
DragonM
A
Also for veterans or homeless families. They must be revamped and find out what is feasible and best suited.

Wall St can take the losses as more tax write offs, but communities need them and should take them on.
10:37 PM - Dec 02, 2023
violet flame16
A
Been having this conversation with a friend. It can create a community/Hub with access to everything. The structures are already there. Retail. Groceries, Entertainment: movies, comedy clubs, gyms, bowling alleys etc Medical clinics can easily set up. Great minds think alike.
10:33 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Linda Roderick
A
Yes, and make them affordable!
10:31 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Caniac Vyronyka Spouts
A
Absolutely. They did that with the old mall in my hometown many, many years ago. There’s not enough of that though. It would be so much better than tearing them down like they usually do.
10:27 PM - Dec 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}