Nefarious Newt
A
thread 1/10
FP45's election to the office of the Presidency of the United States was a "looking glass" moment. It's as if he dragged us through into an alternate dimension, where, suddenly, when we have a normal President like Joe Biden, suddenly everyone loses their mind and acts like he's flawed.
12:50 PM - Dec 04, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 2/10
People think he can just wave his pen and make things happen, like Congress and the Supreme Court don't exist. They blame him for things he has no control over. They act as if he's "President of Earth," and go bat-shit when he doesn't stand atop Mount Olympus and hurl lightning bolts down .
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 3/10
He's the simplest, most plainspoken President we've had since Carter. He goes about his business, does what needs to be done, tries to anticipate the needs of the nation, does it without fault or complaint during the hurly-burly of negotiation, and remains calm when all about him are losing it.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 4/10
He's dragged us back from the most horrible four years you could ask for in American Presidential history (and I lived through Watergate and 9/11). He remains steadfast in his belief that his job to help ALL AMERICANS, even when it's clear Republicans think it ISN'T THEIRS.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 5/10
He has done everything he can do to rectify every problem his predecessor left on his plate, despite being hampered by Republicans in Congress and a bought-and-paid-for Judicial branch peppered with Conservative judges who are dumber than boxes of rocks. He's unfailingly positive.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 6/10
I know some Muslims don't want to vote for him.
I know some Jews don't want to vote for him.
I know some Black people don't want to vote for him.
I know some Latinx people don't want to vote for him.

All I can say is: OK.

I mean, I'd love to convince you otherwise, but you don't want to listen.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 7/10
I'd love to say, "Fine, don't bother," but I see THE WHOLE BOARD. I have for DECADES now. I have watched the bulk of this country whistle through the graveyard of our destruction. But it's over now. It's here. We're about to go the route of The Roman Empire, sowing the seeds of our own destruction.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 8/10
So, I'm not going to try to convince you. The evidence is all there. You can make up your own minds. Just know that I've already made plans to pack it in when your shortsightedness dooms this nation to autocracy. I'd love to stay and fight, but I'm not sure it's worth it.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 9/10
I really don't think you have my back. Or my family's. Or my community's. Or my State's. It's easier to think one thing, and one thing only, is important, and that if he fails your personal litmus test, that's it. That kind of selfishness I cannot abide. I won't be subject to it.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 10/10
Your vote is not just YOUR vote. Your vote affects every single other person in the nation. If you think that because a President didn't do your pet thing, the rest of us must be consigned to Hell, then "E Pluribus Unum" is meaningless to this nation. That's all I have to say.
CPfromCA
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
I'm curious what your plans to "pack it in" entail.

Because I am entertaining all "Plan B" options at this moment.
02:51 PM - Dec 04, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to CPfromCA.
We're looking at various options overseas in Europe. Of course, with recent electoral outcomes, it's a field of political landmines there, too, but I'll take my chances.
02:53 PM - Dec 04, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
In response to Nefarious Newt.
Just curious: Where will you go?
02:34 PM - Dec 04, 2023