Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
📢We just pushed an update that added mastodon.online to cross-platform posting. After a long discussion, we decided not to support additional Mastodon servers at this time.

Please close and reopen your app or perform a hard refresh on your desktop browser to apply the update.
11:29 AM - Dec 06, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
Later today, we are updating the Android and iOS apps to fix a bug with authenticating Mastodon on mobile. Stay tuned...
11:29 AM - Dec 06, 2023
Aaron Peckler
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Big bummer that there is no .social support. It is the largest of the mastodon servers and the original. Why even add support for Mastodon if you won't support more than one server?
01:23 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Klobby L
A
In response to Aaron Peckler.
"at this time" he said. Maybe they need to see how it goes? 🤷‍♀️
05:30 PM - Dec 06, 2023
David Ehrhart
A
@cbouzy I know usually there are no "stupid questions" and I hope this holds true with this... but, if there is anyone who can... you probably can.

Is there any way to do the opposite of cross-platform "posting"... meaning... retrieving "posts" from those I follow on other media (like X)?
12:07 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Lynn Massie 💙
A
In response to David Ehrhart.
message The Js Bot and ask them:
https://spoutible.com/TheJsBot
12:20 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Fern Lovebond (they/them)
A
In response to David Ehrhart.
"No stupid questions," you say? I beg to differ!
12:07 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Fern Lovebond (they/them)
A
Mastodon is an interesting idea, but there are security concerns with the federation. I'm on Counter.Social, which hard forked out of the Mastodon fediverse and is a much more secure platform.

Any chance https://counter.social is somewhere in the future platform plans? (If Jester allows such, ofc.)
11:43 AM - Dec 06, 2023
Iván Valdés
A
In response to Fern Lovebond (they/them).
I’d love to hear about the overall points that led to the skip of other mastodon servers, some level of security concerns that wouldn’t appear in .social, maybe? cross domain requests certainly bring along deeper level of security concerns.
12:08 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Roger Smith
A
In response to Fern Lovebond (they/them).
I’m there, too. Interested.
03:36 PM - Dec 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}