Rep. Ritchie Torres
A
After witnessing the moral bankruptcy of Harvard and UPENN’s leadership, I said to myself:

I have never been prouder to be a college dropout.

Like most Americans, what I lack in formal education I make up for in moral clarity and moral common sense.
06:42 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Amylouise Donnelly
A
In response to Rep. Ritchie Torres.
There is good reason for people of true character to finish their college degrees.

Completing the course work does not make them a branded institutional product. It tells the world that they were willing to pursue an organized course of study, and submit their effort to an educated review.
06:16 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Amylouise Donnelly
A
I'm not sure this is a reason for you to be proud. You didn't get your qualities because you dropped out of college, you got them because somewhere deep inside, they lived in you.
06:12 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Courtney Kimmelman
A
We need more like you.
06:45 PM - Dec 09, 2023
direwolf
A
I get and agree with the spirit of this statement but you're drawing a false equivalency that ALL universities share the same misguided beliefs as Harvard and UPenn. This just isn't true. Furthermore, it's just as dangerous as saying these "liberal, elite schools are turning our kids into commies"
04:33 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Dora Exploring
A
Damned if they do, damned if they don't. It seemed to me they were attempting to walk a fine line between law and morality. Didn't they say it was abhorrent? Also, college attendance has nothing to do with moral clarity IMO.
04:02 PM - Dec 07, 2023
DP OH
A
I too was horrified by their lack of a straight, forceful answer to an obvious question.

That said, not sure what that has to do with being proud of dropping out of college.

I like to think I have morals as well, but I'm also proud to be a college graduate (twice).
10:46 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Antony L
A
Did a MAGA person hack Torres' account?
10:23 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Liz
A
Proud 1st generation college grad here, with moral clarity and moral common sense in tact.
I question Rep. Torres’ common sense in general, with this post of his…
07:38 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Queen Of All I Survey
A
This is not the flex you think it is 🙄
07:01 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Anne King
A
I just watched it. I am stunned. Thank you for standing up for what's right.
07:00 PM - Dec 06, 2023
The Harlander ✅
A
The performance on the Hill of the university presidents was horrifying. I will never doubt how the holocaust started after seeing that hearing.
06:45 PM - Dec 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}