Diana
A
Seriously side-eyeing anyone who's out here shilling for Liz Cheney like Democrats need to be giving her props for...what exactly?

She didn't actively try to overthrow the government. Cool, I guess.
04:22 PM - Dec 07, 2023 (Edited)
Jason Ginsburg
A
Don't have to love her, but I have to respect that she basically ended her political career and gave up a lifetime safe seat in Congress to sound the alarm *to her fellow Republicans* about Trump.
In response to Diana.
04:26 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Alexander Nevrmind
B
In response to Jason Ginsburg.
Seems to me that most Republicans were in on it..
05:43 PM - Feb 16, 2024
Staycie Francisco
A
I agree with you Jason. I respect anyone, regardless of their party, who doesn’t tow the line and does what is necessary to protect the constitution. She & Adam Kinzinger went against the tide and lost their seats. I don’t need to agree with everything a person believes in to have respect for them.
08:22 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Kelpie in Spring
A
And she’s just *leaning* into it for political points with non-Maga republicans in hopes of making new political bids.
It’s definitely not altruistic.

Also, she has a shit political past and still supports most of the ugliest republican issues.
09:29 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Kelpie in Spring.
We'll deal with that when the time comes. She's still an apostate within her party, so any GOP election will be an uphill battle.

Right now, the existential threat to the country is defeating Trump. Cheney wants to defeat Trump. On this one issue, she's on our side.
09:30 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Idiots Abound, LLC
A
She gets no cookies. None. She voted with tfg 91%. She voted against ACA. She voted against same-sex marriage. Her sister is gay. Miss me with the respect. And sure as fuck, I do NOT love her.
07:36 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Idiots Abound, LLC.
OK. Got it.
07:51 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Kelpie in Spring
A
In response to Idiots Abound, LLC.
Exactly. To her I say…
09:31 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Patricia Catherine Andrews
A
I think she'll get back into politics someday, once Trump is out of all our lives for good. Same with Kinsinger.
06:46 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Patricia Catherine Andrews.
Probably. And hopefully the GOP will go back to being a "normal" political party, which we can disagree with and work to defeat through normal channels, and not an existential threat to the very foundation of the country.
06:49 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Pattie Mulderig
A
She did ONE right thing. ONE. Yet, she voted against voting rights lgbt rights, gun control, etc., etc., etc.
She voted with Trump somewhere around 90% of the time.
I don't have to give her any props and I won't. You all keep the bar so damn low, it's pathetic.
05:42 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Pattie Mulderig.
She did more than one thing.

She voted for the second impeachment.

She led the January 6 Committee.

She has written a book detailing the threat Trump poses.

And she has spoken out time and again about Trump's failings.

She is ON OUR SIDE when it comes to Trump. Why would we want to silence her?
05:44 PM - Dec 07, 2023
The Harlander ✅
A
In response to Pattie Mulderig.
Luz Cheney said “ But right now and in this election cycle, I’ll do whatever I have to do to make sure Donald Trump’s not elected,”

I’ve watched her say this. I believe her. She sacrificed her position in the leadership and sacrificed her seat for this. For now, she’s an ally.
06:00 PM - Dec 07, 2023

Only followers of this user (Cblifeisgood) can see their posts

Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to CBImages.
I am absolutely affected by Republican policies.

And in the cases where I'm not, I have empathy for those who are.
05:40 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Nancy D
A
Like the respect she has shown to women? Or voting rights? Or the environment? Or the LGBTQ community, until of course her sister?
05:29 PM - Dec 07, 2023 (Edited)
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Nancy D.
She can speak to her party about Trump in a way that none of us can. She is providing a service by speaking out against him. Call it selfish if you want -- though I'm not sure how being vilified by the party she devoted her life to can be called that. And the ultimate result is to help the US.
05:31 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to Nancy D.
She didn't even go to her sister's wedding...
05:50 PM - Feb 16, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
It was a calculated move for this exact moment so people like you would ignore what she actually supports and her real record and pretend she's some kind of hero for doing the bare minimum.

She didn't "give up her career" she bet on being the new face of the same old party.
05:28 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
So? The party as it is now presents an existential threat to this country. The old GOP did not. I don't like that GOP and won't ever vote for it, but that version was reasonable and could be negotiated with. The alternative cannot. So which will it be? Because the GOP isn't going anywhere.
05:32 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Vos Orbis Designs
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
I think she also did it for some quid pro quo to give the commission some more legitimacy (bipartisanship!) in exchange for not going after the funders of the Jan. 6th Insurrection...
11:47 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Katie E
A
Yeah I don't think she ended her career at all.
05:21 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Katie E.
Her political career, and became an apostate to the party she devoted her life to, and to which her father did the same.
05:27 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Casey Wagner
A
There was no altruism there. It was a matter of who gets to hold the power if the GOP is dominated by Trump's side or her side.
With Trump's side the Proud Boys and other creeps would rise to power. She wants to be on the side that owns the country through congress.
05:09 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Casey Wagner.
Which is an uphill battle to say the least. Some might call it hopeless, or a suicide mission. And for what? "Power," which all politicians want?
05:28 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
She did one good thing once when TFG was safety out of office and she saw an opportunity to become the new face of the GOP. She's still a Tea Party Wyoming Republican who will use the Constitution and the pet SCOTUS to steal the rest of our rights. Not yours of course you are a white guy
05:09 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
05:24 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
She has done more than one good thing, and she is no way the "new face of the GOP," which still belongs firmly to Trump.
05:29 PM - Dec 07, 2023
justanotherpam
A
Don't have to like serial killers, but have to respect their committment to the process. Those guys can be super consistent! Should work in quality control somewhere.
04:58 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to justanotherpam.
If you're equating Liz Cheney to a serial killer it's obvious you're not engaging in a serious discussion.
05:33 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Liz Adams
A
And went on to a lucrative speaking and consulting career, having burnished her visibility.
04:50 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Liz Adams.
Her visibility to what? To eventually take the GOP out of Trump's hands? Are you saying we *don't* want someone to do that?
05:34 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Elle Faba Prefers Bears to Humans
A
What would have been worth respect would have been to never have voted with trump all along. And have sounded the alarm about him way back when he was first even proposed as a candidate. Now, after the fact, when she can pretend she cares? Nah. Same goes for any other GOP-er trying to do the same
04:49 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Tomi T Ahonen
A
In response to Elle Faba Prefers Bears to Humans.
No Elle. That would have made her a liberal Democrat, like say AOC or Bernie or Elizabeth Warren. She comes from WYOMING a red state. That is delusional thinking that any Republican would vote against THEIR OWN AGENDA when they have a President. She has voted systematically conservative her career
04:53 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Jason Ginsburg
A
In response to Elle Faba Prefers Bears to Humans.
Better late than never. Especially with the election around the corner.

Cheney, Kinzinger, and Christie can speak to Republicans in a way we Democrats again. Our messaging does nothing. If Cheney can peel away even 1% of Trump's votes, he can't win in 2024.

That's ALL we need to achieve right now.
05:38 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Diana
A
Call me cynical, but I don't think she caused herself any great hardship leaving the House. She got her book deal, and will probably make some big money when she runs third party. She's not going to damage Trump doing that and she knows it.
04:39 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Diana.
And then there's also what I keep saying is her plan to rebuild the American conservative movement into something more PR conscious and voter friendly. She's a future threat.
05:25 PM - Dec 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}