Deb Prothero
A
How does cross-posting work for Mastodon? I have a mstdn.ca account and appreciate that some of our COVID scientists went over there. But to be honest I don't visit there often and would like to cross-post from here.
03:35 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Mollagus ?
A
In response to Deb Prothero.
I don't think Mastodon supports cross-post from that site to Spoutible or any others the way we can from here to there.

I too have found a lot of folks in InfoSec/Cyber and intelligence over there, who left Twitter but struggle to use the platform as often as I should to catch their details.
04:03 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
In response to Mollagus ?.
The letter sent out by Christopher Bouzy says that the cross-posting to Blue Sky and Mastodon. "Spoutible is soaring to new heights with our latest integration of Mastodon for seamless cross-platform posting." I take this to mean that we spout here then it automatically goes on our Mastodon account.
01:49 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Mollagus ?
A
Here's a screen cap to show where you'd setup your cross-platform settings for Mastodon and BlueSky. First, start a new spout and then click on the cloud icon with the connectors on it.
06:49 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
You're the bestest! Thanks for this screenshot. It all makes sense now. I'm going to see if Mr. Bouzy will try to add mstdn.ca for us Canadians.
05:59 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Mollagus ?
A
Awesome! Glad it was helpful.
06:08 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Shannon Joyce
A
Thank you 💐
11:14 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Phred
A
I really like screenshots.
10:10 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Mollagus ?
A
In response to Phred.
Me too. I'm a visual learner and diagrams and images help me best. Also, I tend to focus more when listening to someone speak rather than reading it myself (ie audio books). I use the "read out loud" setting for PDF review and I know my poor office neighbors deserve prizes for tolerating me 😂
11:21 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
Iont even know them people over in Mastodon and Bluesky'nem? Where they momma'nem from?
09:23 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Mollagus ?
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Lol. Who knows. I definitely don't use Bluesky. I wasn't cool enough to get an invite or whatever passkey access it was to start an account there.
12:48 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Mollagus ?
A
Upon authentication, I'm sure it will be seamless. The Mastodon server I use is not currently supported by Spoutible yet but I expect things will change soon. Given the complexity of Mastodon, i cant imagine its a quick and dirty thing to support just yet.
07:28 AM - Dec 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}