Sheilah Hayden
A
What a bunch of bullshit. I learned how to be a good person from my parents and who the fuck uses social media to learn those lessons?
Chris (he/him/his) @ChrisYoung
Here's what I've learned so far about being a good person. Much of it I've learned here on Spoutible. And only now have I been able to organize my thoughts around it coherently enough.

If you're a white person you're a racist by default.

If you're cis you're a transphobe by default.
02:27 PM - Dec 08, 2023
07:46 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Mimi Wells
A
In response to Sheilah Hayden.
Some folks have shitty parents, so SM is their first real exposure to people of all stripes. Don’t be so dismissive; your experience isn’t everyone else’s.
07:14 AM - Dec 09, 2023
Sheilah Hayden
A
In response to Mimi Wells.
Shitty parents aside, how about teachers? Peers? The local waitress? Using SM to grow some empathy is ridiculous and that guy was trolling like a motherfucker. I only regret I took the bait.
09:18 AM - Dec 09, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
what are you using social media for if not for sharing and learning thru other ppl's points of views and experiences?

are you only here for cat videos?? bc that would be sad
10:11 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Sheilah Hayden
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
I don't even like cats. I also don't like statements that describe people in absolute terms; "by default" is a bunch of bullshit.
09:26 AM - Dec 09, 2023
Claudia Citro
A
Hi @Tsquared2001
Some of us thought we were being anti racist when we hadn’t exactly examined our behaviors. We might not have been taught how pervasive racism is, or how it feels
Maybe we weren’t exposed to people that had very different lives than we had.
Life long learning….
08:55 PM - Dec 08, 2023