Ed Lynch
A
I think this is a major reason we're not retaining prolific Twitter talent. There needs to be more and better ways for popular spouts to remain visible to people. Important threads from notable accounts are as disposable and fleeting as that throwaway picture of my morning coffee. @cbouzy @Spoutible
Ed Lynch @goatburgler
Engagement on #Spoutible is generally fleeting since likes don't translate to more views, only echoes do. So, a Spout will get bounced around like a festival beachball for a bit and then disappear forever, unless someone finds it via a hashtag search and re-echoes it. Hoping that changes over time.
08:58 AM - Feb 21, 2023
08:36 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
That's what I like about it. The "important" accounts drowned the conversation on the bird
08:44 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
Except your use of quotes implies they aren't important, and if someone has a long thread about police corruption getting buried by some pictures of peoples' dinners and trash memes, no one is going to put the effort into using the platform.
In response to Salma Typhii.
08:46 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
The quotes are because 1/2 the time the boosted things weren't about important topics, but rather Bean Dad.

Here if you want an important topic covered it isn't 1 and done. It has to be multiple posts and direct engagement with followers to be seen. It is different
08:49 AM - Mar 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}