Nicole
A
Our teachers are facing the biggest behavior challenges they’ve ever had to teach in their classrooms. I’m not sure what exactly is happening (I have my theories), but it’s a crazy thing to see the dead canary in the coal mine. It’s no joke to say every teacher you know if worried about the future.
06:27 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Nicole.
I'm often hearing from teachers that kids are different and somehow more difficult to work with these days. Do you think it's any one thing in particular, or a confluence of factors? I know Covid threw sand in the gears of education for a lot of kids and families, but what else is to blame?
07:52 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Nevada Jones.
it’s complex: too much technology taking the place of real human connections. Too many Big-T and Little-t traumas. Developmentally inappropriate expectations. But i’m neurology and physiology focused and think the root of our problems lie there. We can’t ignore how many neurotoxins are in the world
10:17 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Mathias Pav
A
In response to Nicole.
PREACH.
07:25 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Caryl D
A
In response to Nicole.
There are many kids with delays, ADHD and ODD.
There are kids who do not have consequences at home
There are kids who do not recognize the teacher’s authority
There are kids who are not able to keep up in class and their anxiety causes them to act out to avoid/flee the stressful learning situation
06:37 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Caryl D.
You’re preaching to the choir my friend.
06:57 PM - Dec 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}