Myles Higgins ?
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
10:13 AM - Mar 03, 2023 (Edited)
FabLife ROYAL EXPERT
A
In response to Myles Higgins ?.
I disliked the whole idea of algorithms as pretty soon, it reduces ones world to a singular interest. I do not want to stop other topics/interests from my timeline because a system is thinking for me. Definitely a strength.
01:26 PM - Mar 03, 2023
John Frost
A
I'd like a way to save lists and/or, as Danielle suggests, save searches by interest. For instance, I'd like to read all content posted related to "Disney OR cruise" in one timeline as I'm planning a vacation. Also some advanced search capabilities would be nice so we can search date ranges, etc.
10:46 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to John Frost.
10:50 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Patsy
A
In response to John Frost.
Yep, lists would be a big help.
10:45 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Adam Desrosiers
A
I think it's just not sustainable if the site gets large enough. I'd ditch the chronological-only-display before rolling out apps, if I were @cbouzy
an open, responsive-to-feedback algorithm could be a great boon to discoverability and exist alongside a chronological display.
10:33 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Patsy
A
In response to Adam Desrosiers.
Sadly, I agree this completely algorithm-free approach isn't going to be sustainable. It is already a little unwieldy and time-consuming. And I suspect that folks with ginormous followings on Twitter are holding off coming here, partly for this reason. But if anyone can figure it out, it's @cbouzy .
10:43 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Danielle
A
I scroll the search tab way more than my timeline. I’m in love with finding random stuff instead of what the algorithm thinks I’d like.
10:26 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to Danielle.
10:31 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
In response to Danielle.
Danielle, I like the cut of your jib.
10:34 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Li Milla4
A
I get that, but how are you supposed to follow a thread when everyone uses quote echoes as opposed to replies? You'll see an OP, with no replies, only quote spouts, and you're left with no way to see others responses unless you happen upon their quote spouts.
10:25 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to Li Milla4.
10:28 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
Heat, HEAR!!!
10:22 AM - Mar 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}