Bob McDonald
A
thread 1/5
As we witness yet another episode in what I've described as the Azkaban prison break over at the Ex-Bird Site, I'm always struck by the number of people who stay to fight on.

Fight for what, though? The dwindling amount of attention that this site and, by extension, you gain from it?
10:42 AM - Dec 10, 2023
Bob McDonald
A
thread 2/5
While I have ceased posting on my personal account (though, thanks to Elon's stupid eminent domain of accounts policy, I won't delete it so that some awful person can snatch it up), I have a bigger issue in my site, which would affect not just me but my dozen-plus contributors.
Bob McDonald
A
thread 3/5
Given that I own the site, I can arbitrarily say that I'm sunsetting posting on the Ex-Bird Site (both in public and DM) and call it a day. While I can deal with leaving the promotion of new articles and podcast episodes to the contributor on this site, there is one issue.
Bob McDonald
A
thread 4/5
In spite of my best efforts to steer our audience to other social sites, for whatever reason, the vast majority remain on the Ex-Bird Site, and removing ourselves from this place would result in a significant drop in traffic.
Bob McDonald
A
thread 5/5
So, as you can see, I am stuck in the proverbial rock and a hard place. Can't wait to see which least terrible option I end up choosing moving forward.