Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 1/6
Since today's #dailypicture theme is #purple I can't let the day go by without telling the story of the purple pants.
One day my daughter got off the school bus at the end of the day wearing a pair of purple pants. Had she owned purple pants, this wouldn't be a big deal. But she didn't own purple
07:03 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 2/6
pants, and went to school in jeans. I asked her whose pants she was wearing, to which she replied, "I don't know."
"You don't know whose pants you're wearing?"
"Nope!"
"Why are you wearing someone else's pants?"
She shrugged her shoulders and went off to get some cookies.
I was perplexed and
Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 3/6
starting to get pretty frustrated. My mind went to all sorts of places wondering why she didn't come home in the pants she left the house in, and why she was being so secretive about the whole situation. I checked her bookbag to see if there was a note explaining what had happened, but nope.
Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 4/6
Nothing. She obviously wasn't phased, but I was freaking out by this point.
The next day, I went up to the school with the purple pants in my hands and looked for the teacher to see if she knew what was going on. And when she told me, I couldn't help but laugh!
Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 5/6
It was raining at recess and she decided to see what it was like to go down a water slide for the very first time. This kid was always afraid of slides. Anyway, she wanted to show the other kids she was brave and ended up getting soaked in the process. And all the other kids joined in! The purple
Mama Ezekiel
A
thread 6/6
pants came from the lost and found, as she was soaked to the bone...but she had the time of her life. She thought she'd get in trouble for water sliding at school, so she was afraid to tell me, but we still laugh about it to this day!
And she still doesn't own any purple pants!😅

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}