Heather Vickery
A
thread 1/8
Two tales of the same day.

Let’s start at the end:

I’m laying in bed next to my sleeping 10 yo and thinking about our day. I feel tears in my eyes. It was a very good day. The kind of day you want to bottle up and keep close to your heart. I am grateful.
11:59 PM - Dec 23, 2023
Heather Vickery
A
thread 2/8
Tale one:

What a shit show. It started off when I made breakfast my my kid said it wasn’t good. Then I couldn’t find any clean socks to wear.

We left for the train late and when we exited the train my daughter pushed the gate into my ankle and it hurt like hell.
Heather Vickery
A
thread 3/8
When we got to the outdoor holiday market it was so packed that we couldn’t move or shop.

Took the kids to lunch and they hardly ate anything so that money was lost.

Trued to make origami stars but I couldn’t figure out how. 14 yo wouldn’t participate in family movie night.
Heather Vickery
A
thread 4/8
Take Two:

It was a very good day. I got to snarl in and woke up when my 10yo got in bed to snuggle. Has some delicious coffee in bed before reading a bit.

Had breakfast with my kiddo then took the two youngest into the city. We had a blast on the train and laughed harder than we have in years.
Heather Vickery
A
thread 5/8
The market was super busy but we got the most delicious hot chocolate and went to a local cafe for lunch.

We didn’t finish our lunch so my 14yo suggested we pack it up for the people experiencing homelessness we passed earlier in the day. We threw in some extra cookies.
Heather Vickery
A
thread 6/8
One the train ride home we decided to try and make origami starts to decorate for Christmas.

I needed new socks and we braved the store. It’s normally packed and the lines are long but we got in and out fast and I had a coupon!

While we were gone my partner and youngest made yummy treats.
Heather Vickery
A
thread 7/8
The 14yo and I watched YouTube videos on how to make the origami stars and it was hard! We laughed a lot. I never figure it out but she was great at it. In fact, she worked for 3 hours and made a beautiful garland while I watched a movie with her sister.

She even gave me a big hug afterwards.
Heather Vickery
A
thread 8/8
It was the same day.
I could have focused on tale one but, honestly, all I remembered was the joy and how lucky I felt to experience this day with my kids. The hugs and snuggles. The laughter. The delicious hot chocolate. My thoughtful and tender hearted teenager.

Perspective matters.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}