Woke = Empathy + Courage
A
Jimmy Carter has articulated a progressive strand of American Christianity that championed kindness, social justice, racial equality, and women's rights — ideals that are mocked by Evangelical Christians today.
11:55 AM - Mar 05, 2023 (Edited)
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to Woke = Empathy + Courage.
I always admired and respected Mr Carter. Many, where I worked talked badly about him, citing inappropriate affect and his “country ways”. The man was brilliant. Working there was a trial. I hope they have changed their ways.
08:38 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Carol Milanowski
A
President Carter doesn’t preach what he believes, lives his beliefs as an example .
02:25 PM - Aug 07, 2023
Nick Searles
A
I quit religion years ago. I do respect people's beliefs. That being said, this man has more Christian in him than any Evangelical, and many other clerics in all religions. We need a lot more like him.
09:46 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Larry Canuck
A
His life is true Christianity practiced by a true Christian.
What passes for christianity today is pocket lint in comparison.
01:17 PM - Aug 03, 2023
David James
A
Carter is a man with strong beliefs, but also the empathy to understand that not everybody shares his beliefs, and yet still deserves his kindness.
10:51 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Sonya Baker
A
He’s a good man.
08:43 PM - Jul 25, 2023
Young Lesbian Dre
A
Best president we had. Plus, he called it right when he said that what Isreal was doing to the Palestinians was apartheid. Bless him.
08:42 PM - Jul 25, 2023
OneOfTheSmiths
A
The man is what being American is about.
08:45 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Alana
A
Jimmy lives the teachings. love kindness, forgiveness. Helping others. First president I voted for.
05:53 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
Honestly, the questions about the Christianity of Republicans and MAGA Evangelicals aren't hard. These are people who take food FROM the poor, refuse refugees or asylum, succor the rich, hate strangers, and seemingly worship an idol.

Unless I'm missing something.
12:18 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Woke = Empathy + Courage
A
In response to Nathan Standing.
Not missing a thing. That's the point of the article. Jimmy Carter's Christian views of being a force for good in the world, are no longer part of Christians today. Religion to help has turned to Religion of hate. Like other religions that have been taken over by religious radicals.
12:44 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Larry Canuck
A
In response to Nathan Standing.
No Nathan, you are 100% correct ... 👍
01:50 PM - Aug 03, 2023
lauriedtmann
A
I am an atheist, but I sometimes find myself fighting with other atheists online who strongly believe that all religion is always a problem for society. Sometimes religion can be a positive force. I think of Jimmy & Roslyn Carter as good examples of religion's positive force.
12:10 PM - Mar 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}