Michael Bartok
A
thread 1/5
A few words for those suffering from tinnitus...
1. It's pronounced TINN-ih-tus, not tin-EYE-tus. There is no inflammation of your 'tinn'. 😉
2. There is no cure for tinnitus to date. Be extremely skeptical of anyone who says there is a cure.
3. 99.99% of everything related to a cure on the Internet
06:46 PM - Dec 31, 2023 (Edited)
Michael Bartok
A
thread 2/5
Is snake oil. It very likely will not work. Be even more skeptical if someone is pressuring you to hurry to spend thousands of dollars in the 10-14 days following the onset of tinnitus. This is utter bullshit.
4. Ear, Nose, and Throat doctors recommend a dietary supplement called Lipoflavonoid.
06:46 PM - Dec 31, 2023
Michael Bartok
A
thread 3/5
The lipoflavonoid supplement doesn't seem to work for everyone, but if it does work for you, it can be quite amazing for lessening the buzz or whine in your ears. And it's only US$20-30 per bottle of 90 tablets.

Why am I going on about tinnitus? Well, it started for me on November 22, 2023.
Michael Bartok
A
thread 4/5
It's been a wild ride for me at even less that 2 months in. If you or a loved one or a friend suffer from tinnitus, go see an ENT, don't worry about beating tinnitus before 10-14 days pass (that isn't a thing), and give the lipoflavonoid a try (I take 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night).
Michael Bartok
A
thread 5/5
Oh, one last thing. The most common cause of tinnitus is some degree of hearing loss. So, yes, definitely go see an ENT. They usually work with Audiologists and can at least tell you what's going on with your hearing. My tinnitus is a complication of some hearing loss that I am experiencing. 😁👍️

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}