Andrea Junker
A
Have you ever wondered why Germans didn’t do anything about Hitler? Well, the rest of the world is wondering exactly that about Americans and Trump.
04:22 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Andrea Junker.
This cannot be echoed enough. Fascism is madness, no matter the shape it takes or the person who ushers it in.
02:34 AM - Nov 28, 2023
Rick S
A
Indeed.

We are lucky, I think, that Jack Smith acts like he knows the danger. And the DC judge is a fortunate draw.

But it’s very late.
12:17 AM - Aug 08, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:32 PM - Jul 24, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
11:35 AM - Jul 24, 2023
Carol Butler
A
In response to William Turner.
Hitler lost an election, too. Then he ran again successfully. We are EXACTLY where Germany was before the horror fully erupted.
10:23 AM - Oct 07, 2023
Jonathan
A
While it's true that some ppl don't know or care, I think the answer to your question of why ppl didn't do anything in 1930-40s Germany is because everything Hitler did was legal. Same here in the U.S. 2016-2023. There are no laws against being a disgusting person. It's frustrating & upsetting.
01:43 PM - Jul 21, 2023
frog_enabler
A
In response to Jonathan.
Hitler never absolved the Weimar constitution. He burned the Reichstag & blamed it on the Communists. Kristal Nacht was illegal, murder was illegal. He called for an emergency rule & took over. It's not true that "Germans didn't do anything about Hitler." Many did try to stop him. 1/2
11:17 AM - Jul 24, 2023 (Edited)
Ericlo
A
https://the.ink/p/sarah-ke...
Anand Giridharadas:
It can happen here. It is
A conversation with Sarah Kendzior, scholar of authoritarianism and vindicated alarmist
10:37 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Canucklehead
A
The apathy is staggering
02:31 AM - Mar 25, 2023
Missy The MAGA Slayer
B
02:26 AM - Mar 25, 2023
knits, purls, flowers, photons
A
I remember someone in my class asking my German teacher just that. She said she was a teenager at the time and didn't know what was going on. She wasn't happy though.
05:40 PM - Mar 16, 2023
brash
A
I have seen this said before, but you put it extremely well.
05:35 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Union Thug ☮️
A
Truth.
05:33 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Panayota Lioupi
A
We are actually. About many other things too like why is he not in prison, why isn’t the SC packed yet and why there is still gerrymandering and the electoral college. We’re wondering about the guns craze too. You are still one foot in the 19th century I think and evil always wins.
03:06 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Lynda
A
In response to Panayota Lioupi.
Most of this hasn't changed because the Dems have not had the majority in either the House or the Senate. We need both. We got close this time, but we lost the House. Manchin and Sinema would not eliminate the filibuster last session so we could get these done.
06:03 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Kathleen Rupnow
A
It's true. I've been wondering how HRC could lose to a malignant narcissist buffoon. It worries me that the same could happen here in Canada.
04:43 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Helen Quenet
A
In response to Kathleen Rupnow.
Happened here in the UK too with Boris and his friends.
10:30 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Diane Hall
A
In response to Kathleen Rupnow.
It's happened in Ontario under Harris and now Ford. We're watching the destruction of our social institutions as it's all being turned into gifts to capitalists who value profit over people.
10:58 AM - Mar 17, 2023
SAJ
B
The gradual habituation of the German people, made them trust Hitler. Made them think they were free, they were not

DeSantis is taking rights away, at light speed. Florida doesn't seem to mind

It's up to us to stop it. The GOP has gone down the rabbit hole...and isn't coming back up. #VoteBlue
04:36 PM - Mar 06, 2023 (Edited)
junerose32
B
Actually, recall Germany tried and convicted Hitler and he did serve time in prison, happily when rump gets the same that conviction will prevent a run for anything.
04:25 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to junerose32.
Thanks for the very relevant context. There's more. We face competing motivations all around. I'm confident in the broader activities underway by the administration, Congress, and states. The tide has turned--and that doesn't become evident at the 'shore' immediately.
#diligence
04:45 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Jasmine Weidenbach
A
In response to junerose32.
Hitler's time (5 years) in prison (for trying to overthrow the government) was in the 1920s. Most people think of him during his dictatorship time (1933-1945).
10:58 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
And that is what scares the bejesus out of my Black ass and don't count on the institutions saving us not with Leonard Leo and the Federalist society infected pus in the court system
04:24 PM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}