Robert Reich
A
The ~$25 billion Kroger-Albertsons merger could affect grocery stores relied on by 85 million households. The company could jack up prices even higher and pay workers even less.

This is a disaster in the making.

The FTC has the power to intervene and stop it. They must act.
The Great Grocery Store Heist | Robert Reich - YouTube

The ~$25 billion Kroger-Albertsons merger could affect grocery stores relied on by 85 million households. The company could jack up prices even higher and pa...

01:53 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Kelpie in Spring
A
In response to Robert Reich.
I sent three separate letters to my governor and congressman last year about this and never heard a peep. Nobody really seems to care. 😕
09:18 PM - Feb 21, 2024
#Glassbydeanna
A
Why do people keep giving their power to the greedy the complain how they are being taken advantage of?
08:09 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Fireblazes ✔️
A
In my home county, every store but 1 would be owned by Kroger.
08:38 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Alicia Mendoza
A
2 places I don’t shop.. ridiculously overpriced.
02:16 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Thomas Dukes
A
In response to Alicia Mendoza.
You are lucky. A relative lives in a small town where an Albertsons and a Kroger subsidiary are the only grocery options, unless one counts Walmart. The merger would not work well for them.
06:32 PM - Mar 07, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
If they won't let JetBlue and Spirit merge, they are certainly not going to let this grocery store merge happen either. I hope.
02:14 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Foul Mouthed Redhead
A
We have a Fred Meyer in our small town. It’s owned by Kroger. The only competitor is a Safeway. It’s owned by Albertsons.
This merger will ensure there is NO alternative for groceries.
Both stores already have a “where else are you going to go?” mentality. I’m sure it’ll get worse. 😒
01:57 PM - Mar 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}