Spoutible Banned Book Club
A
#SpoutibleBannedBookClub #MangoStreetTalkingPoint

In the introduction to the later editions, Sandra Cisneros said she wanted “people who don’t usually read books to enjoy these stories too.” Do you think she succeeded? Explain.

#SBBC #MangoStreet
12:10 AM - Jan 20, 2024
Pamela
A
In response to Spoutible Banned Book Club.
Many of the stories seemed relatable, especially to girls and women. The short story format made it very accessible. If pressed for time, you could read a few chapters and get a complete story. You could also read chapters, put it down, and easily continue where you left off.
#SBBC #MangoStreet
02:33 PM - Jan 21, 2024
b in the pnw
A
It was short yet so relatable. Sandra packed in a lot of food for thought. I think it shows just how much of a great writer she is—to be able to convey a message without writing a 500 page novel.
02:24 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Ruth Neese
A
It reminds me of reading a book of short stories. Each chapter is self-contained and succinct, just like a childhood memory. #spoutiblebannedbookclub #MangoStreetTalkingPoint
08:20 PM - Jan 20, 2024
Pam McSt
A
I guess the short sections would make it easier to read even for those who rarely read. I think there is enough symbolism and descriptive language used to make it interesting for regular readers too.
03:26 PM - Jan 20, 2024
Tracy I
A
I think the format would give an opportunity to get interested without needing to attempt a traditional book with a multi chapter plot. I’m intrigued from a writing standpoint because I feel like I could write like this more easily than I could finish a longer novel.
12:17 AM - Jan 20, 2024
Spoutible Banned Book Club
A
In response to Tracy I.
That's a great point. It really provides encouragement to potential authors.
12:24 AM - Jan 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}