Michael Freeman
A
Interesting analysis, and I thank you for posting it. I have many thoughts, but they're currently not organized enough to articulate.

The one thing that's clear is that the invasion of Ukraine was a huge geopolitical error on Putin's part, one that could fundamentally change Russia's future.
Deb Prothero @Deb_Prothero
The Icarus Project's video explains Suwalki Gap & Kaliningrad's importance to Ukraine war. This helps me understand the measured pace of weapons to Ukraine. There is method to this madness. With Finland & soon Sweden in NATO, Kaliningrad is becoming a liability for Russia where once it was a threat.
How Russia is Losing Kaliningrad (and why it matters) - YouTube

In the shadow of Russia's war against Ukraine, there is a front that has often been forgotten. The war is having a significant impact on Russia's exclave, Ka...

05:35 AM - Jan 24, 2024
08:56 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
It reminds me of the Soviet-Afghan war which IIRC was supposed to be a short show of military strength 🤔 I got to brush up on that background
09:03 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
Yeah, but this could be bigger than that.

The Soviet-Afghan war led directly to the dissolution of the Soviet Union. This could lead to the dissolution of Russia.

I need to think this though ...
In response to Salma Typhii.
09:12 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
Me to because my brain went the same way. And then to WWI and the Russian Revolution 🤔
10:22 AM - Jan 24, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Correct.

But the wild card today is China. While Putin is like a 2-year old with nukes and lots of mafia money, China is the literal 800 lb gorilla with enormous economic power. The global power dynamic that we've enjoyed since 1945 is being challenged like never before.

Lots to consider.
10:58 AM - Jan 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}