Josol
A
I stopped listening to Pink Floyd years ago because of him.
R o K p h i s h @RoKphish
“While Waters’ work with Pink Floyd is indisputably one of the most significant and lucrative catalogs of the rock era, his controversial political statements in recent years arguably have veered from anti-Zionism into antisemitism ...”
08:16 PM - Jan 30, 2024
08:26 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Josol.
Until Gilmour reconstituted it, "Dark Side of The Moon" was the last Floyd I'd listen to. I didn't like "The Wall," though the Geldof movie was good in its way. Waters had already crawled up his own asshole by then, and I had little interest in what he had to say or perform.
09:17 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Steven Germano
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
Wish You Were Here and Animals are fantastic.

I’ve long since decided to separate music and movies from their artists’ opinions.
09:38 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Steven Germano.
My taste in Pink Floyd is, basically, the Gilmour era up through "Animals," and I'm only so familiar with "Animals," though I've liked what I heard. It isn't political - just lost the thread on Waters's public therapy sessions. He had good solo album bands, but I'd lost interest.
09:51 PM - Jan 30, 2024
Steven Germano
A
I hear you. I started losing interest once my kids were born around 1984. My favorite artists moved on from there, but I kind of got stuck.
Every once in a while I hear something new that I like and investigate, but I honestly don't use my free time to listen to music.

Sad, I know.
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
10:37 AM - Jan 31, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Steven Germano.
I'm a power pop kinda' listener, mostly, and there's still something new, once in a while, that catches my ear. It's an easy genre to write in, so there are always a handful of bands playing it.
04:29 PM - Jan 31, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}