Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 1/22
Fever Bleak: a fan fiction

last time: https://spoutible.com/thre...

Chapter 2

Unsteady breaths and frantic hands, Jason dug into his duffel bag in search of strictly essentials. He came out with a flashlight and spent several minutes before taking the half-bottle of rum as well.
11:56 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 2/22
The rest of the bag he left right where it sat. Officially someone else's problem.

The humid silence was a cunning lie, clinging to everything with a promise of calm and peace. He knew better now. He wouldn't be caught so off guard again.
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 3/22
Skulking low and watching windows, Jason began anew on searching for the police station. From time to time he thought he heard something dragging itself along. He would pause, get as low and discreet as possible. Take no chances. Move once he was sure he was alone.
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 4/22
Several false starts later, he found himself in front of the Silent Hill Police Department. He mouthed the words to himself, then spat them out to the ground in spite. Fucking awful place.

A new sound now, blaring like a siren but groaning like wood rot- it was unclear where exactly it came from.
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 5/22
It rattled the teeth and the soul. He pressed himself against a low car and watched the station in suspicion. He was watching the wrong thing.

The fog seemed to sink further and thicker until it was a soup around his feet. The sky darkened, quick and harsh. That groaning grew louder.
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 6/22
Buildings themselves started to bend, their angles going off kilter and their material stretching thin. Gaps and holes formed in the walls. Streetlamps dimmed and went out. Lights twinkled weakly from around corners, casting manic shadows higher than previously seemed possible.
11:56 PM - Feb 01, 2024 (Edited)
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 7/22
Jason fled for the station- whatever awaited in there was surely better than out here with whatever the hell was now happening. Metal scraped asphalt, an inhuman voice shrieked, footfalls pounded the ground. He looked back only once, caught the barest glimpse.
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 8/22
It ran on two legs, dragging its hook-clawed arms in its wake, its head all mouth and a lacerating tongue. A skirt of dripping meat hung loose around its waist.
11:56 PM - Feb 01, 2024 (Edited)
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 9/22
He tripped on the steps of the station, bruised and gouged himself on sharp stone, but dared not stop. He dragged himself up the steps, scrambling to his feet, and grasped for the door. Tugged on it then its twin. They didn't budge.
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 10/22
A wheezing whine escaped Jason's throat just ahead of the rising bile and he bolted right to trace the perimeter of the building. The mangle-eyed entity from the diner was waiting for him that way. Skid to a halt, about face, other direction. Lunged off the perron. The ground was unforgiving.
11:59 PM - Feb 01, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 11/22
He picked himself up, scrambled for the corner, and spotted an open window halfway down. He could make it. His heart pounded, his legs felt full of acid, and his head swam. Heavy monstrous footfalls, but he wasn't sure where and he wasn't in a hurry to figure it out.
12:01 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 12/22
He reached the window- but not before he felt the barest slash of cold metal against the back of his leg. He screamed as he fell inside. Hookhand started trying to shimmy in after him, but a gunshot report gave it pause.

Jason whipped around to see a woman stood there. The first shot was a warning.
12:10 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 13/22
Hookhand eased its way back the way it had come, its head grinning at him.

He threw up down the front of himself, shivering. "Thank you," he said.

"Oh, don't thank me, I want you out too," the woman said.
12:12 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 14/22
"I'm sick," he said. "I can't be left out there. My car was stolen."

"Car wouldn't help you much anyway."

"Huh?"

The woman sighed, lowering the gun. "The roads out of town are wrecked."
12:15 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 15/22
"So can I just stay for one night?" Jason begged.

"You get four hours," the woman said as she narrowed her eyes.

"Thank you," he replied, getting off the floor unevenly. "What's your name?"

"We're not suddenly friends," she said curtly.
12:17 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 16/22
Jason nodded, though he was not happy with that answer. It was a madhouse out there that would be made easier by working together, and instead she wants to go lone wolf with this shit?

Idiotic, he decided silently.
12:22 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 17/22
The woman led him down a hall to a cell with a dirty old jail mattress. He looked at it suspiciously. "You're not serious."

"I am. I don't know you and I sure as hell can't trust you. So you're sleeping in here."
12:25 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 18/22
Bitterly, Jason marched inside- beggars not being choosers- and laid down on the bed. It stank of tooth decay and his head spun hard. The stench of vomit on his shirt didn't help. He wished he hadn't left behind his duffel- but if he'd brought it he might have died.

Sigh.
12:26 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 19/22
INTERLUDE 1

Jason waited in his room, homework finished in front of him. He watched the door with eagerness but dared not move a muscle. The front door creaked open on the other side of the apartment. Footfalls navigated sullen gloom out of sight.
12:30 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 20/22
The microwave purred somewhere. Stopped and opened.

The wait continued. He licked his lips. She'd come in when she was ready. She'd be so proud of him.
12:31 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 21/22
So so proud.
12:31 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Null (ze/zer)
A
thread 22/22
(to be continued! If you're enjoying the story so far, please continue leaving a tip- anything is appreciated!)
12:32 AM - Feb 02, 2024
Ves Lee
A
In response Null (ze/zer) to their Spout
🖐🏽
11:15 AM - Feb 06, 2024