Christopher Bouzy
A
I shared this with my better half, and then had a long discussion about how so many folks on the left were jubilant about the idea of Spoutible having a security breach. We are trying to provide a safe space for people to communicate, and for someone to celebrate an attack on the platform is gross.
Isa-Lee Wolf @IsaLeeWolf
And my #MondayThoughts aren't on the data breach, not exactly.

Headline speaks for itself.

(Whale tail in water, mountain and sky and clouds behind)

https://bit2read.com/2024/...
02:24 PM - Feb 05, 2024
09:49 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Henning Dekant
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
A successful, black, social media CEO seems to be just as unbearable to some as a successful, black president was.
01:13 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Sweet Andrej
A
Is it really people on the left or are we talking about liberals (neolibs). Because nothing about a neolib surprises me these days. They are the sane as neocons - They only pretend to care more about social justice- but in many cases it is just window dressing.
12:08 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
I am about as left as one can legally be and I wasn't jubilant. How is one jubilant at those defacing the property we recreate on? Wow. Its tiring to deal with trolls and anger online.
11:28 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Phred
A
I bawled yesterday. It is so hurtful to experience this heinous attack on our community. They chose the exact time it would hurt us the most, as Pods launched. The criminals and those rejoicing in our pain demonstrate exactly why we need this community.
10:28 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Sweet Andrej
A
In response to Phred.
yes they people tend to rejoice in the pain of marginalized communities. Just reaffirming the power imbalance that exists. little empathy for LGBTQI + , POC’s, woman of color and then even further Palestinians, Muslims, immigrants. Hope we can attract these groups in future to Spoutible
12:04 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Phred.
We believe we need it because we (ironically) don't understand why they rejoice in that.

And presumably they welcome evidence of their success.

Referencing (always valid) feelings very secondarily to resolve is an option.

#UnderstandingIsNotCondoning
01:15 PM - Feb 07, 2024
Anne King
A
Many on the left still choose X or BSk to reinforce their performative narcissism, because the idea of real change & hard work terrifies them.

So I'm not even going by left & right anymore, I'm going by those who show up vs those who show off.
10:25 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Joon Bugg
A
I know it probably doesn't mean much with how hard you work for us but they are so jealous. Because you have created something AMAZING here. Those of us who've been here know. The truth is they're always gonna be hating on 🐳. That's the price of being super awesome.
10:18 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I think many people have always revelled in causing misery for others because they are miserable and don't want anyone else to be happy or as my mom would say, they are jealous.

It could be as simple as that. There are many nasty people around who take great joy in being nasty.
10:14 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Linda Eisenstein
A
The white "progressive" left can be gross and anything but progressive. Keep being as stellar as you are.
10:01 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
Are you sure those people are "on the left"?
09:52 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Araquiel Gaerwing
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
There's an appalling amount of racism from certain "on the left" factions. It's harder to spot because it isn't spewed with the same venom as the far-right, but it's absolutely there (mostly on the far-left).
09:59 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
And now I have a lot of thoughts about why that might be, people on the left making a pratfall out of a minor stumble.

I may flesh it out later in today's post, but at the heart, I think it's privilege.
09:52 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Dead Ted 💀
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
Tribalism and dunk culture. If they're still on Twitter they've gotta justify it so they can reassure themselves that they're right. And if you're not bashing your chosen side's rivals, you're not right enough.
09:57 AM - Feb 06, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
02:53 PM - Feb 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}