Christopher Bouzy
A
We are confident the person who contacted Troy scraped the data. After detailed analysis of the logs, and Troy's timeline, we believe the data was scraped to hurt Spoutible's reputation. We are also confident the person involved is the ringleader who has been attacking Spoutible for a year.
Dan Nguyen @dancow
The notifier sent Hunt "a file with 207k scraped records". You're right, it's possible someone did all that work (which would risk exposing them to criminal investigation) and told Troy about it, out of the goodness of their heart.

The more likely case is this person found the file, then told Hunt
12:19 PM - Feb 06, 2024
12:51 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Auntie CC .
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
What do they have to gain? Just bizarre. They should get a life.
07:18 PM - Mar 11, 2024
South Cackalacky Scholar
A
Hope you can prosecute them!
08:50 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Nicole U
A
I can assume that this gives you all that’s needed to pursue legal action as well. We appreciate your transparency and communication throughout.
08:50 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Becky Helton
A
Attacking Spoutible for a year. What a sad life. Even if I hated a platform, I would just....not use it. Actually, I don't get having room in my mind to hate a platform. Even tfg's thing, I just don't give it my attention. Why put so much energy into destruction?
01:59 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Dan Nguyen
A
Thanks for the clarification/additional context. I know it takes time to analyze the logs for past suspicious activity and not to expect the investigation to have all the answers within 24hrs or even a week.
01:08 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Caryl D
A
Thank you, Christopher.
01:05 PM - Feb 06, 2024
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
Apparently my account was in the 207K, but I strongly suspect that whatever they got was already out there, so whatevs.

I changed my password and 2FA token and it's all good now.
12:56 PM - Feb 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}