Breezy Aussie
A
thread 1/1
I am reading heaps. ANYONE who has an elderly parent its not just physical frailty - what would happen if your loved one loses cognitive ability. My Mom went from OK - to BIG TIME hallucinations and confusion in 6 weeks. I am learning about this stuff all the time. I hate it!
03:26 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Nellie Pennington
A
In response to Breezy Aussie.
We've told our kids that if/when the time comes where we need more care, they should do what works for them, because we're not likely to be happy with anything at that point. And we also know we'll probably fight them on it and insist we're fine...
07:41 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Nellie Pennington
A
In response to Breezy Aussie.
It's such a difficult time of life! My mom had always said she wanted to stay in her own home. They even had an apartment above the garage where a caretaker could live. But the reality was she was unsafe on her own and *hated* having strangers in her home. Good luck with navigating these waters!
07:35 AM - Feb 07, 2024
Breezy Aussie
A
In response to Nellie Pennington.
Your experience mirrors mine. No problem coping with the physical frailties- yes it was tiring and sometimes suffocating- but I could manage. It was the sleep walking, and delusions and falls - no sleep and broken sleep. I just hit the wall and realised- I just can’t do it anymore. I love her so.
05:54 PM - Feb 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}