Penny Rosenberg
A
Hint: when sharing an article found on Twitter, copy and paste the underlying URL, not the Twitter link to the article. Publications need to see that Spoutible is driving its own traffic. :-)
07:18 AM - Mar 10, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Penny Rosenberg.
Thanks for the suggestion. That's something I hadn't considered. I tend to avoid direct links from xitter. How about if you're linking to longer writings written at Post and using a direct link. I'm talking about long writings that difficult to split into 300 character chunks?
02:03 AM - Sep 15, 2023
Penny Rosenberg
A
In response to Matt Egan he/him/his.
If the content is at Post, then yes. But I mostly meant for news media links. The people responsible for social media campaigns pushing out the journalism track the sources, and if you copy a "tweet" to a story, then it looks like the source was that bird site. I mean X. Or whatever.
08:54 PM - Sep 15, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
And Xitter needs to wither away.

#FriendsDontLetFriendsPostXTwitterLinks
12:18 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Oliver Tooley
A
I have mostly only shared links from Spoutible to Twitter, but I will bear this in mind if I ever do the other way around.
01:15 AM - Aug 03, 2023
Mark GranPaw C
A
Bookmarked and followed
01:51 PM - Jul 21, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I do this with Dan Rather's 'Steady' in the hope that it will encourage him to join Spoutible.
10:30 AM - Apr 15, 2023
KM Laurence
A
Very helpful. Thank you for sharing.
06:14 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Bird Cherry
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:01 PM - Mar 31, 2023
John Colagioia
A
On top of the actual utility, do you REALLY want your identity in a new space be "I still use the site run by the fascist running the company into the ground"? Upstream/primary sources are always better for everyone.
03:04 PM - Mar 14, 2023
J. Hansen
A
Great tip - thank you!
10:18 PM - Mar 11, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Thanks for the reminder! I'm probably not a lot of help on the bird site as I mainly read/skim there, but if I do, I'll keep that in mind... hmmm, sounds like something he would say:
08:27 PM - Mar 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}