Me® (The Invisible Spoutan®) 🦐
A
I was living in England in 1980 and went to the US Embassy to cast my vote for Jimmy Carter.¹

¹ When the result of the election was announced I cried for days, weeks even; my friends were surprised that I had such a strong reaction, but I knew Reagan was going to destroy everything.
Karen Springer @Springer
I could spend an entire day bashing Reagan.
Reagan is why Generation Jones needs to exist. Any benefits you think Boomers enjoyed, growing up, were destroyed by Reagan, in 1980-88.
08:16 AM - Feb 12, 2024
09:15 AM - Feb 12, 2024
C. Shuy (she/they)
A
In response Me® (The Invisible Spoutan®) 🦐 to their Spout
I was 7 when Reagan was elected. I knew then he was bad news. the intervening years have only reinforced that view.
10:27 AM - Feb 12, 2024
Richard
A
We were in California at the time and on the way to vote when Carter had conceded or it was called for Reagan and something was changed after that.

I remember how pissed off we both were when that happened.
09:32 AM - Feb 12, 2024
Shirley Barrett-Sheridan
A
Disparity gap is all I remember about that guy… oh wait… that subterranean hostage thing that kept those hostages captives for his own personal ambitions!
09:23 AM - Feb 12, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
My mother was furious. She was very savvy about politics, and I had no idea. I do now. His presidency was a disaster for ordinary citizens.
09:20 AM - Feb 12, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
My grandmother is who I thank for my interest in politics. She detested Reagan, second only to Nixon.
09:28 AM - Feb 12, 2024