Andrea Junker
A
Here’s the deal: We stop shaming the poor for buying things that may not be essential, and start shaming the rich for making a profit off things that are essential.
11:30 AM - Feb 18, 2024
Chace Thibodeaux
A
In response to Andrea Junker.
"But...but...I saw someone at the grocery store using food stamps to buy SODA!!!!"
08:41 AM - Feb 19, 2024
Amy Lynne
A
Agree. Nobody should profit off health, education, groceries, rent/housing…also nobody needs a billion+ dollars. It’s excessive. There should be a limit to how much personal wealth someone can accrue—you hit it, they tax the bejeesus out of you. It’ll check corporate sociopaths like Elon & Bezos.
08:38 AM - Feb 19, 2024
Tom a.k.a. Charlie’s dad
A
Yes to the first part. As to the second, certainly monopolizing and profiteering and such activity should not be legal, but with clear, firm regulations in place, some amount of payment that includes a sensible, modest profit for those providing the goods/services ought to work for everyone.
11:05 PM - Feb 18, 2024
Don Rowe
A
Personally, I think we should start shaming the rich for buying things that may not be essential.
09:59 PM - Feb 18, 2024
NickLearnsStuff
A
In response to Don Rowe.
Like twitter
11:21 AM - Feb 19, 2024
Mary Cole
A
In response to Don Rowe.
"May"?
11:31 AM - Feb 19, 2024
Popcorn Junky
A
I agree about the shaming, but disagree on companies that provide essentials earning profits. Profits are OK and fuel innovation, but when you are gouging and not innovating ie petroleum market, that's not OK. When you are reporting record profits, with no innovations to show for it, that's not OK.
04:14 PM - Feb 18, 2024
Popcorn Junky
A
In response to Popcorn Junky.
When you are making record profits during a pandemic, that's not OK. And when you use those metrics to then fuel your need to continually increase profits, for the sake of shareholders, that's not OK.
04:16 PM - Feb 18, 2024
Popcorn Junky
A
In response to Popcorn Junky.
And I mean this in an "Essential" market. Like Energy, Wifi, Internet. In each of these markets there is a monopoly everywhere. I have ONE CHOICE for internet. ONE. in NYC. That's not OK.
04:26 PM - Feb 18, 2024
Celt MacGann
A
Love the term from 45 trial-disgorgement. So now saying "Disgorge the rich" instead of "Eat the rich".
11:57 AM - Feb 18, 2024
Susan McBride
A
And let's make the very rich pay their fair share of taxes! Talk about grifting off the federal government. They're the biggest grifters of all.
11:31 AM - Feb 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}