Lola Gayle
A
🤬 NBC - Rep. Rashida Tlaib urges Michigan Democrats to vote against Biden in the primary

The Michigan congresswoman urged voters to “vote uncommitted” while she stood outside an early voting site in a video posted to X on Saturday.
09:41 AM - Feb 18, 2024
Susan Sampson
A
In response to Lola Gayle.
I really liked a thread about her posted here earlier with some thoughtful insight.
I think she misses the point that POTUS is on her side. I don't like it, BUT this is democracy and as long as she obeyed the law on how far to stay away from the entrance of the polling place, she is free to do so.
10:02 AM - Feb 18, 2024
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
In response to Susan Sampson.
(Author here) I'm not an expert. At the same time, here's what I'm thinking. This is a demographic that largely supported the President in 2020. It takes a considerable amount of time to build trust but only minutes to lose it. And I think this is what happened here.
04:58 PM - Feb 18, 2024 (Edited)
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
POTUS is on their side now. But was this shown to them previously? Consistently? By colleagues outside the Progressive Wing?

(I was focusing on the environment behind that one vote, BTW.)

IDK. I don't have all the answers At the same time, thanks 5 your feedback.
05:04 PM - Feb 18, 2024 (Edited)
Susan Sampson
A
Yes, I understood you were referring to that one vote. I believe that the progressive wing also does at times not listen closely. I am thankful we have an administration that works so hard behind the scenes, I know they are not okay how Israel is responding. Nobody has all the answers, I'm afraid.
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
06:32 PM - Feb 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}