Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/6
"But Biden's age" is a dog whistle for "but that Black woman could be president." Biden and Trump are nearly the same age, and both are known for making gaffes, but journalists and pundits would have you believe Biden is considerably older than Trump and more at risk of not being able to do the job.
09:26 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/6
So why all the focus on Biden's age and not Trump? Because Biden has a Black female vice president, and the idea of VP Harris ascending to the highest office is a bridge too far for many in the media. They would rather have another Trump presidency than have VP Harris become POTUS.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/6
They know the age argument is a hard sell with Trump in the race, so they have started to cast doubt on VP Harris. I have read op-eds and watched commentary on how VP Harris is unqualified or not ready for the job, and my response to that is, shut the fuck up. No, really, shut the fuck up.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/6
VP Harris spent 10+ years in prosecutorial roles, 4 years as a Senator, and 3+ years as Vice President. But some of these unserious nincompoops would have you believe someone with VP Harris' experience is less qualified to be President than a real estate developer / reality TV personality.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/6
Should anything happen to President Biden, VP Harris would be one of the most qualified people in U.S. history to ascend to the highest office. We have systems in place to ensure a smooth transition, and America will continue on. Eight U.S. presidents died while in office; we are not new to this.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/6
So the next time someone tries to suggest Biden is too old and/or VP Harris isn't qualified, tell the unserious nincompoop to fuck off because they are more worried about a Black woman in the Oval Office than the fate of our country.
Claudia Citro
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
VP Kamala Harris will make a GREAT President, when her turn comes. I’m turning this into a mantra to make it come true. And an affirmation. And a needle pointed pillow. And a cross stitch. What are you doing?
04:13 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Stephen Cullum
A
Trump tried birtherism on Nikki Haley just like President Obama. My congressman Frost is of a darker skin hue and culturally an Hispanic. Me and the boss , the wife, voted for him. Those who would pay attention to such dog whistles will not vote for Biden anyway. We need to get our voters out.
04:36 PM - Mar 10, 2024
Stacey
A
10:08 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
Biden's my age, and every time someone tells me he's too old I want to punch their lights out!
07:04 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Just Curious About Stuff
A
💯💯💯
01:31 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Lisa W FirstWave
A
You are absolutely 💯 Right! I don’t know why people think others can’t see right through their shenanigans. They are so afraid of a Black woman being President! Perhaps two Black powerful women right now (Letitia James and Fani Willis) scares the S*** out of them. Sickening!!!
12:52 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Dane Pereslete
A
MVP Harris could run rings around ANY of these simpletons.
12:37 PM - Feb 27, 2024
The Harlander ✅
A
Agreed. STFU. But the biggest problem is the 75% majority demographic are more misogynistic than racist. A very high percentage of all people in this country don’t believe women should lead. That’s the highest bar for KH.
12:16 PM - Feb 27, 2024
Mr Yoyito
A
Bonus context: “Of the 15 vice presidents who went on to become president, eight succeeded to the office on the death of a president, and four of these were later elected president.”

Meaning white male VP has a 50% chance of winning their own presidential elections after replacing a dead POTUS.
10:16 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Mr Yoyito
A
In response to Mr Yoyito.
10:17 AM - Feb 27, 2024 (Edited)
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
Yes, #BidenIsTooOld is, to a great extent, a dog whistle for #NeverKamala . Nikki H came out & said #NeverKamala out loud.

I think one of the things skewing the polls is how they are phrased. Is Biden's age a concern for me? Yes. Will I enthusiastically vote for him? Yes. #HELLOKAMALA !
10:15 AM - Feb 27, 2024
MeiMei
A
I’d also like to point out that it’s likely why Biden will stick by her. Hillary wasn’t given a chance as a woman to serve as POTUS, but as VP, it will give Kamala, an Asian and black and woman that chance.
10:01 AM - Feb 27, 2024
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to MeiMei.
🎯 A second term as VP puts Harris in the driver’s seat for a presidential run in 2028. “Unqualified” is another dog-whistle that translates to “not the right persuasion or orientation for the occasion”. Folks abhorred the idea of a woman for president. To them, what’s worse…is if she’s also Black.
10:18 AM - Feb 27, 2024
C. Shuy (she/they)
A
there are people saying that VP Harris and President Biden are not getting along and so he isn't going to support her... supposedly. I am tired of that because it doesn't strike me as accurate. but maybe I am mistaken.
09:45 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to C. Shuy (she/they).
That is clearly a bald faced lie. MVP is in the room ALL the time and is a respected partner. Biden has treated her like Obama treated him, a serious 2nd opinion & a bully pulpit where he can’t be. He’s using her VERY effectively in foreign affairs & with women, reminding folks daily of post-Roe.
10:03 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
In response to C. Shuy (she/they).
It sounds like a trashcan rumor to me.

All administrations have their frictions, the White House is a pressure cooker. The trolls seize on any little rag of a story and blow it out of proportion.
10:19 AM - Feb 27, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}