RA
A
Even if you don't usually watch John Oliver, WATCH THIS ONE. Then share it with all of your "liked ones." It explores a very successful and widespread scam out there right now.

Bottom line: If you get a text from a wrong number, don't talk to them.

https://youtu.be/pLPpl2ISKTg?si=Z0TyFOSrpTsJ6B0_
Pig Butchering Scams: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) - YouTube

John Oliver discusses a popular internet scam, why it’s easier to fall for it than you might think, and, of course, boner alerts.Connect with Last Week Tonig...

11:53 AM - Feb 29, 2024
Fiona Bski
A
In response to RA.
OMG I was blown away hearing about the kidnapping and trafficing of people and being forced to do these scams!!!
10:23 PM - Feb 29, 2024
Jody
A
In response to RA.
That is really something and it's actually so plausible.
06:14 PM - Feb 29, 2024
Blanche Davidian
A
In response to RA.
Funny thing...I was just watching this and got a very suspicious text, which I always ignore...
04:05 PM - Feb 29, 2024

Only followers of this user (BattleFuzz) can see their posts

Al Gray
A
In response to RA.
I'm too poor to be scammed. I was like WTF! when I saw the sums of money people gave away. I can't get from my thought process to their thought process that told them this is a good idea. Spent too much time in my teens trying not to have everything stolen, I guess.
03:16 PM - Feb 29, 2024
RA
A
In response to Al Gray.
I know. When they said how much those people lost, I lost all empathy for them. 😒
03:24 PM - Feb 29, 2024
Sonia C
A
In response to RA.
Good grief this is sad, frustrating and a myriad of other emotions! Thank you so much for posting!! I will share. 💛
12:29 PM - Feb 29, 2024
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to RA.
Now this text message makes total sense. I had some fun with them... but damn. They tried to get me!
12:10 PM - Feb 29, 2024 (Edited)
Linda Careaga
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
Kudos! That was great. Because of my Spanish last name I get Spanish speaking scammers. I tell them I don’t speak Spanish and don’t respond to Spanish speaking scammers at all so they hang up. Next time I think I will mess with them like you did.
12:35 PM - Feb 29, 2024
Linda Careaga
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
Love this!
Evil Bunny Pottymouth @EvilBunny
from Joe G
EastEndJoe

Insurance company asked for a diagram of the accident.
12:10 PM - Feb 29, 2024
12:36 PM - Feb 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}