Susan McBride
A
I've had a hard time getting on Spoutible this morning! I usually use my desktop (yes, I'm a dinosaur). But it won't let me get past a screen that says "Verifying that you're human." It doesn't go away. Using my daughter's laptop now. Had to change my password (again). Anyone else having weirdness?
10:05 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Criminy Jickets
A
In response to Susan McBride.
Yes! Exactly the same here. And I changed my password, making it the same as the old one, and Spoutible accepted it.
I'm so new here that I can't see replies to posts, though I assume the little icon is telling me there *are* replies. Where are the replies?
07:30 AM - Mar 06, 2024
Nana of the Shire
A
It’s a new security measure. Some setting on your laptop probably needs adjusted. I am not smart enough to know what setting but Christopher and thete h people can help.
10:41 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Nana of the Shire.
Ah, so it's not just me! My husband (who's a software engineer) suggested I try a different browser. That worked! So, whew!
12:28 PM - Mar 02, 2024
abbyyoungston47
A
Many of us using desktops are experiencing the same issues. Cannot get past the verification message. It’s extremely annoying. I’m also using my friend’s laptop. May have to purchase a new desktop PC.
10:29 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to abbyyoungston47.
Argh! So, definitely not just me. Thanks for sharing that. My software engineer husband suggested I try getting on with Mozilla, and it worked! Still see that "veryify you're human" screen, but at least I get the option to put in my username and password now. Before, I couldn't even do that.
12:29 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Haruka
A
Everyone gets that screen now, but on my iPad it was quickly gone.
10:16 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Haruka.
It was not going away on my desktop at all. But it did go away on the laptop. My software engineer husband suggested I try a different browser on my desktop. I used Mozilla, and got past that "verifying you're human" screen to put in my username and password. Yay!
12:30 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
I saw the same "verifying" screen, but for less than a second

Although I'm on a CAD-level high-performance worksatation, I doubt local compute performance is the issue; more likely something their algorithm doesn't like abt your configuration? Ugh. Glad you got on finally
10:08 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
Yeah, for some reason that screen would not go away on my desktop. But it did on the laptop. My software engineer husband said to try a different browser. Just used Mozilla and got to the username/password part, which was all I needed! I was afraid I'd been banished or something!
12:32 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Daryl Knee
A
My usual browser doesn't get past the security check. Edge works, so does Firefox.
10:08 AM - Mar 02, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Daryl Knee.
That's what was happening to me, too! I just used Firefox and got to the username/password, so hooray! I can spout on my desktop again. Whew.
12:33 PM - Mar 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}