Christopher Bouzy
A
VPNs don't really keep your PC secure, but that is another topic of discussion. If Cloudflare blocked your VPN, there is nothing we can do about that. The safety and security of our infrastructure is our top priority.

This spout was deleted.

12:49 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Max Prophet
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I used the duckduckgo app tracking prevention feature. It somehow uses the VPN slot to strip out the tracking attempts. Various apps use trying to track you across the web.

https://duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/p-app-tracking-protection/what-is-app-tracking-protecti...
04:41 PM - Mar 05, 2024
RexRath
A
I host my own VPN for the sole purpose of having ad blocking on the go and to have SSH access to the handful of servers I host. Also helps for those sites that would otherwise block known VPNs.
09:00 AM - Mar 04, 2024
SirMikeAlot
A
I closed Spoutble app, VPN app, rebooted my iphone and I'm now able to get VPN approval to access Spoutible. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
05:26 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
Having to hide our ID online is a curious thing.
04:21 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Janet Zimmerman
A
I don't have a VPN, but I am still not able to access Spoutible through Chrome (it's fine through Edge). Is that temporary?
04:16 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
Personally I think the biggest problem with internet security is bad coding. But I'm no expert.
12:54 PM - Mar 03, 2024
David James
A
I was kind of surprised by the number of people complaining about problems with the VPN, I didn’t expect so many people to be using them and expecting them to be a security device. I use a VPN purely for the ability to watch UK TV.
12:53 PM - Mar 03, 2024
dmark
A
In response to David James.
My (old person, not well informed) impression was that a VPN was primarily to make it hard to see your IP address.
12:58 PM - Mar 03, 2024
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
That's understandable. That's why I was forced to uninstall Opera GX and return back to Firefox because the built-in VPN for Opera GX failed the check...plus no major website like Twitch wants to optimize for them.
12:51 PM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}