Thurgood Du Bois
A
This man is the last living witness to the night #EmmitTil was taken. He's his cousin. Black ppl suffer huge traumatic experiences being Black in 🇺🇸. And they are ignored and our strength to persevere is taken for granted and/or weaponized against us.

Bless this man's heart and soul. #Spoutible
01:48 PM - Mar 12, 2023
KevinC
A
In response to Thurgood Du Bois.
Not much of a memorial in Mississippi.
04:10 PM - Mar 23, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
My high school click formed as a direct result of having seen an Emmitt Till documentary.

Since 86 we still use the crew name.

I’m still mad the accuser confessed and still didn’t do anytime. Her assets should have been seized and given to the Till family. #JusticeOrJustUs
04:56 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Thee NW Mankiller Magpie
A
It's been nearly 70 years, and Rev. Parker has lived with that nightmare and the injustices that followed. If reparations are made within his lifetime, I want the Reverend to be among the first recipients.
04:48 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Abstracts by Nancy/fbook
A
😢
08:03 PM - Jul 17, 2023
Dana Higbee
A
I can’t imagine having to live your life with that memory. This isn’t something you just “get over.”
11:02 AM - Apr 24, 2023
hal
A
When I was a kid I saw a TV program that talked about Emmett Till. My parents were upset and assured me that "he shouldn't have been in that place, doing those things."
A lot of people I've known (mostly white people, like me) seemed to regard these attitudes as remote relics. They're not.
09:21 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to hal.
Dang. I'm white, and one summer my grandpa and I read about it. (He couldn't read so I read). He said everybody deserves a fair shake, even if they did wrong. He said that young man did nothing wrong and never ever judge anyone before getting to know them cuz how they look doesn't matter.
06:42 PM - Aug 05, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
Thanks for posting this. It is a part of the Emmett Till story that I was not aware of.
02:13 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Thurgood Du Bois
A
In response to Deb Prothero.
👍🏽
03:09 AM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}