Trish Greenhalgh
A
Wearing high-quality, well-fitting masks indoors is sensible when there's lots of respiratory illness locally. A review concluding the opposite had major flaws - we take it apart here.
https://theconversation.co...
03:14 PM - Feb 06, 2023
Tracy Robinson
A
In response to Trish Greenhalgh.
The relied on studies for that review were terribly flawed, but of course the main news media didn't cover that part...
12:35 PM - Aug 25, 2023
Olivia Fisher
A
This is an excellent plain-language summary of the problems with this study. Shame it wasn't sent to you or your colleagues to review before publication. I don't know why effective peer-review methods aren't part of standard research training, at least where I trained
06:40 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Lilon Bandler
A
"A systematic review is only as good as the rigour it employs in combining similar studies of similar interventions, with similar measurement of outcomes. When very different studies of different interventions are combined, the results are not informative."
👌🏽🙏🏽🌟
06:55 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Lee Hiller
A
Vaxxed x5 and still masking with N95s
12:11 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Putting out a study telling people that masks don't reduce the spread of covid is malpractice on an immense scale. The authors of that study have blood on their hands.
03:44 AM - Feb 25, 2023
DrShePersisted
A
I read one of the recent studies, an experiment designed by Cochrane. Its experimental design was total crap. It's almost like they designed an experiment whose results would confirm an existing bias against the efficacy of masks. So I wouldn't trust their review of the literature either.
04:05 PM - Feb 06, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to DrShePersisted.
It's in the article.
"An updated Cochrane Review published last week is the latest to suggest face masks don’t work in the community. However there are problems with the review’s methodology and its underpinning assumptions about transmission."
Then it explained why its conclusions were misleading
09:47 PM - Feb 06, 2023 (Edited)
Perpetual Mystic
A
In response to DrShePersisted.
I am looking for other people who are still covid cautious as well - happy I came across your post! Gave you a follow.
And I'm so happy to see this. I was SO upset when I saw that "study" quoted in an article. The anti-maskers just won't give it up.
10:19 AM - Feb 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}