Shawn Jolley
A
Conversation with my high school senor.

Daughter: the design of our new high school is stupid. The classroom walls along hallways are glass. If there is a shooter we have no where to hide. We are all going to die.

Stunned. I can’t believe this is a worry our kids have to deal with. #GunReform
08:11 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Russ Cole
A
In response to Shawn Jolley.
I remember when our high school was so old, all we wanted was a new one, any kind, glass, cinder block, we would have loved it. It is so sad how times have changed. I feel your pain.
10:33 AM - Feb 12, 2024
Mo. MM.
A
#1 The fact that kids have these worries means we’re failing them.
#2 Your daughter is brilliant.
10:13 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In my area, 10 yrs ago parents petitioned to have a new elem school built because the existing facility had a spider design w the main office, cafeteria, & gym in the central body & each grade level in a pod at the end of a "spider leg" open air walkway which posed a serious active shooter risk.
03:11 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
How desolating. There are no words, but I am still sorry.
02:28 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Moonlight Ember (she/her)
A
It's a severe disconnect, because on one hand they have to worry about being gunned down at the mall or at church or school, but parents are also jailed for letting a kid take a walk around the block before age 14. Then they're supposed to miraculously know how to navigate life at 18
12:28 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
This is why GenZ is going to tear the Republican death cult apart.
02:22 AM - Mar 20, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
It's insane... part of the reason why it's insane is the people who make this possible don't put themselves in harms' way (it's not them looking over their shoulder all the time). And they wonder why kids are stressed...
08:15 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Shawn Jolley
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
This!
08:16 PM - Mar 19, 2023
GRANDma isn't Right
A
The terror we put our children through because we won't pass strong gun laws. I think we are raising an entire generation of kids who will have PTSD from "active shooter drills", let alone actual killings.
06:12 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Shawn Jolley
A
In response to GRANDma isn't Right.
It breaks my heart and makes me furious. My kids are worrying about things kids should not have to worry about.
08:12 PM - Mar 19, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
It’s sad that our national response to school shootings has been weak-sauce, half-baked gimmicks that basically funnel school funds into the pockets of the very same folks arguing against common sense gun control. It has traumatized a generation into thinking their lives are expendable, for profit.
05:28 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Shawn Jolley
A
In response to 💜 Callie 💜.
Our response as a nation correctly says that we dont give a crap about our kids.
08:13 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
Worst part is that she has to worry about this. But somewhere on the list is also the fact that high schoolers are pointing out design flaws that the SRO and admin more than likely haven’t thought about. Every time I talk to an SRO, I feel like I lose brain cells.
05:13 PM - Mar 19, 2023
Shawn Jolley
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
Yeah the design though as attractive as it is, does not fit well with today’s reality.
08:15 PM - Mar 19, 2023
A Hayes
A
It's to our shame as a nation if we wait for the generation who has lived through this constant state of alert to make the changes to gun laws.
10:37 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Celeste Barnes
A
It’s horrible for many reasons. One, that she has to worry about hear safety at school and two that she has a very valid point concerning her safety at school.
08:26 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Shawn Jolley
A
In response to Celeste Barnes.
This never even close to a worry I had when I was in high school.
08:56 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Pat Thib
A
How sad, students shouldn't have these worries. Adults in charge are failing at their job.
08:18 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Shawn Jolley
A
In response to Pat Thib.
I told her I was sorry that she has to worry about this. She is awesome. But I hate that this is something she deals with everyday she goes to school.
08:19 AM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}