Jeff Tiedrich
A
weird how there are always billions of dollars just lying around whenever tech bros need their sketchy bank bailed out but there's never any money when children need healthcare or a simple school lunch. oh well just one of those things I guess
10:11 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Serge Bays
A
In response to Jeff Tiedrich.
Productive money against unproductive money. Problem of emotional intelligence.
05:56 AM - Aug 21, 2023
Leroy Jenkins
A
Speak on that! Louder so those in the back can hear!
04:44 AM - Aug 21, 2023
Moldy Warp
A
Don't forget the defense budget, which is so big, a large chunk of it is secret! Would love to hear a NYTimes reporter ask the SecDef how they're gonna pay for a new tank or some such...
02:57 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
03:10 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Megan Kotte
A
They're not getting a bailout. Depositors are being made whole.
11:10 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Except when the Biden administration's proposed budget "includ[es] the restoration of the expanded child tax credit" (among other things).
10:34 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Roni Red
A
Governments always amaze me in how they can find soooooo much money, when it’s about fixing greed.
10:23 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Serendipity
A
And prisons - not enough money for schools but the corrections industry doesn’t have to worry.
10:21 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Richard Sterling
A
Not a good take here. The bank shareholders are NOT being bailed out. They will be wiped out. Depositors to be made whole via insurance the banks pay into vs taxpayer money.

Outrage should be directed at stock sales
/bonuses paid before the collapse. There needs to be a clawback of these funds.
10:21 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Agnes Lord
A
In response to Richard Sterling.
I agree with some of your proposed solutions. But look carefully at "vs taxpayers" -- I understand that FDIC insurance methods involve minimal taxpayer funds -- that they broker deals with other banks to take care of it
12:29 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Rebecca E
A
In response to Richard Sterling.
Outrage should be directed at #TFG and his republican cohorts who dismantled the protections in Dodd-Frank that would have prevented this in the first place.

Some of the most effective bank execs/lobbyists came from SVB. NO TAXPAYER $$$ are being used to make customers whole.
08:37 PM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}