Angela Baker
A
thread 1/11
🧵I think I am starting to understand what happened to PNW GenX. Civil Rights bills were passed and many adults got publicly quiet about racism. They reshuffled themselves and quietly closed ranks around their communities. They flat refused to teach us correct history so we never knew. They ignored
01:36 PM - Mar 20, 2024
Angela Baker
A
thread 2/11
questions and issues and problems around race while excluding Natives, Mexican migrant workers & black folks from society all while driving out open racists as they did not want to be considered uncivilized. But. The ember had only been buried, not extinguished. Then along came 45. He blew on that
Angela Baker
A
thread 3/11
ember like a big bellow and it resparked the flame of racism. Where there was once acceptance or at least civilized silence, it once again reared it’s dangerous head. Now here we are. N Idaho is now “Trvmp Country” though he does not care about us. Mark Furhman, Charlie Kirk of Turning Point,
Angela Baker
A
thread 4/11
The Heritage Foundation and Kyle Rittenhouse as well as many hate churches have all made us their home. Why? Because they saw it as a place of acceptance. And they have been accepted here. So where does that leave me? Born on the AFB in Mountain Home, raised on a farm in N Idaho, adopted biracial
Angela Baker
A
thread 5/11
daughter of prominent white folks, wife of a good ole boy, mother of sons who will never fear the police or racism, even my biological mother was white w blonde hair and green eyes. I never knew but one other person of color until my 20s? I know I am alone.
Angela Baker
A
thread 6/11
But God gave me a gift of communication and boldness He placed me here for a reason. I tried to use it in 2015-18 but was untested, unsure and scared to lose my ‘friends’. Still my words led to a great abandonment of me by many I had known since childhood. Had I supported the hate as they all did, I
Angela Baker
A
thread 7/11
would be the most popular person in North Idaho. But. I am not your Negro. I have become refined and hard as granite from the fire of reality and hate and backlash. I can no longer be fooled and NOW I SEE. I will continue to call out hate and people are listening. Justice and love will win.
Angela Baker
A
thread 8/11
I am a truth teller, woman of color, Idahoan, 🇺🇸 citizen, Christian, tax payor, land owner, gun owner & lover of books, education and nature. I vote in every election as I am no longer ignorant. I am not hiding and I will not be silenced in my own home. ✊🏽
Angela Baker
A
thread 9/11
Mark 6:4 “But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.” Rant complete. 🙇🏽‍♀️☺️
Angela Baker
A
thread 10/11
Addendum: Charlie Kirk was welcomed here not sure if he moved here. Kyle was whining about being rejected in other areas and was talking about going to NIC and moving to CDA.
Angela Baker
A
thread 11/11
05:41 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Angela Baker.
Lest we forget Oregon was the south in the PNW. It wasn't always a left coast.
05:37 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Cindy_Coffeelatte
A
In response to Kevin Hilbiber.
Still got plenty of that in Oregon,
10:10 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Angela Baker
A
In response to Kevin Hilbiber.
The whole of Oregon territory was settled as whites only. The native Ktunaxa/Kootenai tribe was treated horribly here up to the end of the 20th century. Now they are an economic powerhouse in our communities and are gracious enough to help the community that once shunned them They are incredible.
05:54 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Bev Turner
A
In response to Angela Baker.
Really good thread. Thank you for taking the time.
05:29 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Angela Baker
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Thank you. I appreciate that.
05:31 AM - Mar 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}