Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
UK officials allege that hostile foreign nations are disseminating disinformation about Kate to destabilize the UK. This claim, if accurate, is concerning. Therefore, I conducted my own research, and I can confirm suspicious accounts on X are spamming similar messages about Kate.
06:43 AM - Mar 25, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
At this time, lack definitive proof to confirm that these accounts originate from Russia, Iran, or China. While some accounts have used hashtags related to Moscow and Russia, attributing them to these countries without additional information would be mere speculation on my part.
06:43 AM - Mar 25, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
I just hope they not only focus on the inauthentic activity regarding Kate, but also the inauthentic activity regarding Meghan and the other individuals who are targeted daily by these types of campaigns.
06:54 AM - Mar 25, 2024
Substantion_THEE_ Igra
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Why don’t they just blame it all on the late queen’s corgis?
10:53 AM - Mar 25, 2024
Trust No One, Inc.
A
This will be interesting since the monarchy and press have credibility issues currently. The 'foriegn actors' story is easy, perhaps too easy. I await Christopher's most appreciated updates.🤓
09:04 AM - Mar 25, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
Distraction is the obvious possibility. 'From what?' would be the question.

The lower-level distraction/deflection (which is virtually always a factor) could be another country's efforts to pin it on CH or RU, with IL being among most likely.

#HostileForeignInterference
07:13 AM - Mar 25, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
I have a long running theory that foreign actors use any popular person, topic, or event as a vector for influence. Even if the person/topic/event is relatively benign/non-controversial, if it's in the public consciousness, it provides the avenue to inject messaging and foreign actors seize on it.
06:57 AM - Mar 25, 2024
frog_enabler
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
It's like a big tank of test subjects, they toss out this, and what happens? MSM turns confusion into narratives. Playing with these and manipulating them is the war game. This time, the backlash was focused on Bouzy and other "conspiracy theorists," i.e. potential victims of their propaganda.
08:45 PM - Mar 25, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
As I was saying:
"Russian Group Spread Disinformation About Princess of Wales, Experts Say"
https://www.nytimes.com/20...
06:59 AM - Mar 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}