Christopher Bouzy
A
Marilyn Lands flipped a seat in Alabama by double digits. But folks in the media and pundits want you to believe Democrats are in serious trouble.
09:05 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Aussiefemmebot
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Because.
07:16 AM - Mar 28, 2024
Secola Edwards
A
It's almost as if they want another J6 for ratings. Pump up Trump's manufactured poll numbers, then after he loses he and his cult following will be pissed to the point they'll want to tear sh*t up again. Makes for great TV.. 🙃
04:15 AM - Mar 28, 2024
Kate Head
A
Preview of Roevember
11:57 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Tory Gates
A
Tip of the iceberg. There could be a stomping of GOP candidates at all levels this November. Not predicting it, but it sure feels that way.
11:54 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Debbie Carlson
A
Even Alabama is tired of Republican extremism.
12:51 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Thomas Liljeruhm
A
Yesterday, I got a bit confused and irritated when I read that Obama was "worried".
I mean, I'm very thankful for Obama's help, but I don't like his unnecessary doubts.

https://www.nytimes.com/20...
11:55 AM - Mar 27, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Thomas Liljeruhm.
All of us are worried and want to make sure that we do our bit to ensure Trump doesn't get elected again.

Am sure President Obama is doing just that. He surely doesn't think that president Biden can't or won't win.

But in such times, we ensure to leave no stone unturned.
01:05 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Thomas Liljeruhm
A
If this translates to the general election, then Biden will easily win in a landslide.
11:52 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
Yeah, because if the Dems ARE in a strong position, their ratings may be about to take a nosedive. I also sense a bit of hubris from the MSM bosses, this notion that THEY can make or break a presidency.
10:41 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Matt D
A
I look forward to the article by Nate Cohn later today regarding how this doesn’t mean anything for the general
Steve Lang
A
absolutely! here’s how heather cox richardson summed up this race:
Anastasia Joy
A
And they want you to believe woman just don't care about forfeiting their rights as full human beings, even though it's now vividly clear that woman-hating anti-choicers do NOT believe a fetus is a "person" or that abortion is "murder." That's just stuff they say to hide their hate of women.
10:09 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Anastasia Joy.
That is exactly right. 🎯
10:58 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Ness Allen
B
In response to Anastasia Joy.
And OMG let’s not forget that Republicans want to get rid of BIRTH CONTROL! Ladies, can you imagine being pregnant 10 times?

All women, especially of child bearing age, should vote those MOFOS out of office. Send them packing for good. They’ll only get worse if they remain in power!
01:02 AM - Mar 28, 2024
Fries Andersen
A
I think the pollsters and media are complicit in the inevitable cry from Trump that the election was rigged and “stollen” come November.
09:48 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Fries Andersen.
Absolutely. Also, the media's misogyny has never been clearer.
10:10 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Jon Brundage
A
I think it is safe to say that you can take any poll and add 5-6 points in the Democrats favor
09:30 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Eddie Stewart
A
Reginald Capers
A
Finally good news from Alabama!!!!!
09:22 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Not the first time in recent years Alabama has been an unlikely source of hope (see the winner of Jeff Sessions old seat during the Trump reign of error).
10:44 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Squiggly Lines
A
I can’t decide if the media is simply trying to portray this as a horse race to get eyes, or if they are intentionally trying to get republicans elected.
09:21 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Squiggly Lines.
"I can't decide" = they've succeeded.

Good news/bad news: their Plan A and Plan B haven't worked, so they're taking another tack/we're still obliviously susceptible.

Or maybe that's a mistaken assessment. Is there a downside to operating from that perspective?
09:33 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Squiggly Lines.
If I may go a little further, I'm wondering if this is about power for them as well. The bosses keep acting out this notion like they can make reality whatever they want. People go on those kind of ego trips, they're usually scared of losing something precious to them.
10:46 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Matthew Clayton
A
There are going to be some MAD pundits on Election Night, particularly from WaPo and NYT.
09:13 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Cori
A
Does fear of Dems being in trouble make more Dems vote or work against? I could see an argument either way. Genuinely curious!
09:12 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Cori.
Fear combined with compromised sense-making (achieved through similar means) makes people more manipulable. The level of sophistication in #HostileForeignInterference ops has risen (in part because it has to in order to continue to be effective).

We now face a cognitive dissonance and denial wall.
Ground Control
A
In response to Cori.
Think the trauma I've seen over the last eight years supersedes ALL that. We were in a bad place not so long ago and we NEVER want to go there again.
10:47 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Joe Wiegert
A
What a world we would live in if fear wasn’t used as a motivator… thanks for your down to earth analysis of election results Bouzy! #voteblueupanddownballot
09:10 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Adam Deitsch □
A
Holy crap, I read that as "Maryland lands a flipped seat in Alabama" for a second and was very confused until I saw the table in the image. 🤣
09:09 AM - Mar 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}