Jaha Jay Hughes
B
Lowering property taxes and fees are a major part of the standard of living in any city. Boston will lead the way in lowering property taxes and fees. Fees do not always need to go up! Under my leadership Boston would look for unique and new ways to lower property taxes and fees.
12:43 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Max Prophet
A
In response to Jaha Jay Hughes.
Those taxes and fees pay for the excellent salaries and pensions those hard to get govt jobs pay. And "the big dig" was a project to guarantee the continued debt the Mass transportation authority needed to continue to justify it's existence, because they'd paid off the Mass Pike debt.
01:28 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Jaha Jay Hughes
B
My goal is to move forward with new ways to increase revenue to decrease taxes. I am considering a fee for Boston Colleges to pay yearly to the City of Boston. I am looking to propose a plan to cut into that huge Big Dig debt tossed onto the T.
In response to Max Prophet.
01:33 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Max Prophet
A
In response to Jaha Jay Hughes.
You should look at their endowment funds. The donor funds that they have. Which I think the state of Massachusetts or The federal government, I can't remember which, is also looking at taxing. It would be like a billion dollars of revenue right away
01:35 AM - Mar 29, 2024
Jaha Jay Hughes
B
In response to Max Prophet.
Currently as non profit organizations they are tax exempt. The colleges make small contributions to the city and state. A city fee would be a yearly fee the colleges pay for services and the spaces they take up. The fee payments would be directed towards lowering property taxes, affordable housing .
01:38 AM - Mar 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}