Just Curious About Stuff
A
Good, thoughtful essay βœŒπŸ»πŸ––πŸ»
10:56 AM - Apr 06, 2024
3Cs
A
In response to Just Curious About Stuff.
The only way out of where we are now is to recognize, if not embrace, the humanity that we all share, red or blue, black, white, brown, rainbow.

Hospice provides a shortcut for the writer to glimpse those people's humanity.

The rest of us have to take the long way. It's a rough trail.
12:10 PM - Apr 13, 2024
The Middle Sister
A
Yes. Without your recommendation, I'd have passed on this one. Thank you.
12:04 PM - Apr 09, 2024
CPfromCA
A
To me, this is just a variation on "both sides are the same."

Having thoughts & pre-conceived ideas about people flying a t Rump flag, yet ultimately DOING YOUR JOB.
Vs
The other side where (for example) pharmacists & doctors want to DENY CARE because they personally disagree with.
07:49 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Aussiefemmebot
A
Evil is not a substance/entity in its own right, but the absence/lack of a good power/quality which a thing by its nature ought to possess. The pain they inflict on family & society is the definition of evil. Their actions make the sum of their parts lean toward evil. Nothing confusing about that.
11:41 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Linda Careaga
A
That was thought provoking. Thanks for sharing. I am not sure how I feel about it right now but I will certainly be thinking about it.
10:13 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Just Curious About Stuff
A
In response to Linda Careaga.
I understand

It’s a tough situation, one I face with some family members, neighbors, and clients like the writer does
10:33 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Max Prophet
A
Excellent essay! Great find. Thanks for sharing this.
08:31 PM - Apr 06, 2024
DrMHasOpinions
A
This reminds me of someone in our church who leads Braver Angels workshops. He talked last week about how much harder it is to get Reds to agree to participate than Blues. How can we talk to each other if we don't talk?
05:38 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to DrMHasOpinions.
This is a major issue I have with "both sides" stuff & the media's incessant demands that the parties "work across the aisle." Democrats are chided & scolded for not doing so but even the media seems to have a sort of tacit admiration for Republicans for being bull-headed & not doing so.
09:37 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Bev Turner
A
Thank you for posting this.
05:19 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Susan Simon
A
Powerful article. Thanks for sharing. A dilemma worth parsing: holding onto your own beliefs and not letting others off the hook but at the same time, being a kind human. I do believe we learn best by personal contact and experience. But still doo all we can to GOTV.
02:39 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Jason Carton
A
Purposely voting against their own interests.
02:05 PM - Apr 06, 2024
The Phantom.
A
Very good read. Thanks for sharing.
01:58 PM - Apr 06, 2024
DΔ±anna
A
This morning I was struggling with this very concept regarding my work as a mental health care provider working with ptatients who believe that "all Dems should be shot" & other variants of violent ideation
01:57 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Kim Mmmm
A
I’ve had long, deep relationships with people who β€œlove and care” about me, and will still vote for their wealth and my harm. Sooo
01:47 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Kim Mmmm.
I kind of get "voting for your wealth." But that's a tiny sliver of Trump's supporters. What about "voting AGAINST your own economic interests," as the vast majority are?
09:39 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Paulette Hawkins
A
I come from a family just like this. My dad, a WW2 vet fought in the S Pacific. He was just like Petey. He would give you the shirt off his back, BUT, he was also a serial hater, racist, misogynist, John Bircher who had no clue about how our government works. He was still a threat to democracy.
01:37 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Paulette Hawkins.
I think a lot of it has to do with a belief that only your people deserve kindness & love, but "those people" out there are threatening & should be deprived.
09:40 AM - Apr 07, 2024
Pete Sapardi
A
Please tell them to hurry up.
01:27 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Mary Ellen Kratt
A
Thanks for the article. Powerful.
11:06 AM - Apr 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}