Millicent Bolden
A
Does anyone else wonder whether or not our country has become so poisoned by Trumpism that it may never recover? Can we actually vote out this venom?
12:55 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Anissa
A
I don’t know that Trumpism poisoned us or the darkness was brought to light.
In response to Millicent Bolden.
01:01 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Millicent Bolden
A
In response to Anissa.
Yes, the darkness was always there, but it was not a prevailing force. After all the gains in human and civil rights of the last several decades, now we are faced with reactionaries solidifying this hatred, backwardness, and ignorance with toxic legislation.
01:56 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Sonia C
A
In response to Anissa.
Exactly my thoughts. I cried when President Obama was elected thinking that we were finally making progress with our racism problem/history. I think his Presidency drove some people nuts. Then 44.5 gave them all permission to come into the light.
We must be a United front to quell the hate/racism💙
01:54 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Millicent Bolden
A
In response to Sonia C.
So true! And we were making progress. Now, we have gone back almost 100 years. Indeed, we must come together to fight this fascist scourge!
02:46 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Kathleen F789
A
In response to Anissa.
I think you're right that Trumpism brought the darkness into the light. It's always been there, but remained somewhat concealed in polite society. But then Trumpism and extreme MAGAism destroyed any semblance of critical thinking and civil discourse.
01:22 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Millicent Bolden
A
In response to Kathleen F789.
I agree.
01:57 PM - Mar 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}