Lil
A
Love this.

Senate Bill 3916

This is in addition to reintroducing the John R. Lewis Voting Advancement Act.
Sen. Ossoff Introduces Legislation Establishing First-Ever Statutory Federal Right to Vote - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OGBh7KiFJ_o

10:10 PM - Apr 10, 2024
GT InNC
A
In response to Lil.
Maximum wait time needs to be added and enforced. No one should wait longer than 30 minutes to vote.
05:41 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Pam
A
In response to Lil.
It’s time to stop revoking people’s right to vote because of arbitrary and meaningless rules only there to trip people up.
04:36 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Pam.
So many of the laws requiring a ballot be provisional + what's required to cure them are so convoluted. Mostly just there to suppress votes.

Worse: Permanent disenfranchisement after a formerly incarcerated citizen's "debt to society" has been paid. Especially true in this profoundly racist system.
04:44 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Ness Allen
B
In response to Lil.
Time to stop rogue states from doing their own thing in the voting process. Too much voter suppression that goes unchecked. All states should be required to follow federal legislation to a tee! Ya think GQP thugs would go for that? No! They’d never win another race if they had to follow fair rules.
01:11 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Marie Guenther
A
In response to Lil.
My state has Vote By Mail as the standard. My employer treats Election Day as a paid holiday for all employees--4 hours for part-timers, 8 hours for full-timers.
01:09 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Marie Guenther.
In Ohio, to vote by mail, we have to submit a new paper, wet signature application (not postage-paid) to receive a vote by mail ballot for each & every election. We normally use more than one first class stamp to return a ballot. Ballot drop off is now 1 location per county. Etc

= Voter Suppression
01:24 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Lee Bruce
A
In response to Lil.
In Ontario Canada, TIME OFF TO VOTE
In accordance with the Act, every employee who is qualified as an elector to vote must be provided with three consecutive hours away from work for the purpose of voting.
Is there anything like that in American states?
10:25 PM - Apr 10, 2024
Terminator LX
A
In response to Lee Bruce.
Every employer I've had has given workers time off to vote, but I don't think there's any legal requirement for them to do so. And I know there's no requirement for it to be paid time off.
10:39 PM - Apr 10, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Lee Bruce.
States have different laws regarding time off to vote. My state, for example, requires employers to give a "reasonable" amount of time off to vote. Interpretations by the state attorney general say hourly employees are not required to be paid and salaried employees are not to have any pay withheld.
10:52 PM - Apr 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}