RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/10
For those of you whom are newbies (if you've come from Twitter, Mastadoon, Counter.Social, or Post...or found Spoutible on a random search) thank you for coming in. You can/will make new followers quickly but follow these suggestions to make your stay here much more enjoyable.
03:27 PM - Apr 19, 2024
A
thread 2/10
First and foremost, make sure you at least have a picture, your bio filled out, and start to pot. It's not your fault, but you'll get more engagement if you jump right in. Though if you're not sure on what to do, just ask, we'll help you out.
A
thread 3/10
Also it will help if you posted also on your interests. That way you can/will build up a community around you. Also you will get new people interested in spreading your word. This does lead me into this...Spoutible has no algorithm of rage. Your engagements will be shared
A
thread 4/10
You have to participate in the festivities so to speak. Don't get discouraged if you're not getting the engagement you want. Just continue to treat others as you'd like to be treated. As for how engagement is gauge here, you have 4 ways to know that people are actually engaging in your content.
A
thread 5/10
First of all is likes. Unlike other social medias, Likes here means a person sees and acknowledges your posting, but won't spread the word. However you still should want people to like your content to say "Hey I acknowledge it!" Also there's the echoes and quote spouts.
A
thread 6/10
These are your bread and butter for engagement. Echoes share your post to the timeline. Do be aware that you too can share something you find engaging by echoing the post to share. Also by that same token, Quote Spouting.
A
thread 7/10
When you want to make a point, and refer back to the original post, or want to respond, but not comment...the quote spout is a good tool. People also will echo and quote spout your posts as well, so it's going to drive engagement. Finally, posting and commenting.
A
thread 8/10
Posting and commenting both really help. In fact, we WANT to hear your thoughts on a subject. We WANT you to share how your day is going and so on. Posting and commenting on others posts will keep the convo going, point blank.
A
thread 9/10
Unlike other social medias, you are not given content that an algorithm wants you to see. You get to see the content that's right there right now. Also because of that, there's no rage farming for profit here. It's pure engagement. Enjoy your stay here, and keep spreading the word on Spoutible!
A
thread 10/10
Oh I almost forgot! You can edit your spouts, but you have a 60-minute timer. So if you just now noticed something, and you recently posted it, you can make the change...but it's once per post.
03:34 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
We're happy you're here❤️
Also, invite a friend or two from your old space! People like to be invited.
I was invited, & I love it here!
Now I invite others❤️
11:12 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
A very helpful and informative thread, thank you!
04:31 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Phred
A
And 5 easy steps to set up your NEWS timeline.
03:42 PM - Apr 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}