Bryan
A
Post News expected to be shutdown by end of May 2024. I wrote an article recommending people take a look at three alternative social media sites, one of them being Spoutible.

https://socpub.com/article...
12:43 PM - Apr 20, 2024
MargauxTwoPointO
A
In response to Bryan.
I've been encouraging people leaving Post to come over to Spoutible as well. 🐳 🙌🏽
09:48 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Danial Zahoor
A
In response to Bryan.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:12 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
In response to Danial Zahoor.
Whenever we have glitches, it means there is tinkering behind the scenes to make Spoutible better. Please be patient, this isn't the norm.

Many of us have been here since day one, and this weekend's issues re nothing! 😀
09:22 PM - Apr 21, 2024
JB
A
In response to Bryan.
Thanks. Like many others leaving Post, I’m now searching for a new online community. Currently I’m exploring this site and Bluesky.
05:58 AM - Apr 21, 2024
Common Sense
A
In response to JB.
I found Bluesky to be a cesspool like Shitter. Took less than an hour to delete the app and get off that garbage truck.
08:02 AM - Apr 21, 2024
Yvonne Lee
A
In response to Bryan.
I keep hearing about "federated" systems. What is that and what are the advantages and disadvantages?
11:58 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Bryan
A
In response to Yvonne Lee.
The idea is of a federated system for social media is similar to email servers. You don't have to be be on the same server as others to interact with one another. If one server goes down or you don't like how it is being managed), you can move to a new server without losing follows/followers.
04:04 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Marilu
A
In response to Bryan.
thanks for the info. I tried Mastadon but gave up on it. I ck BlueSky but don't interact much. I'm not fond of Threads. I think I may like this platform as a Post alternative.
09:56 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Beth Boardman
A
In response to Marilu.
Same here w Mastodon. I boycott fb products for the most part so no threads for me. And I’ve heard BlueSky is really not developing as well as hoped. I’ve been here a year, and it’s constantly growing and improving 👍🏽
10:02 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Fries Andersen
A
In response to Marilu.
Mastodon suffers from what ails most open source apps. Unless you are tech savvy, it’s difficult to use.
10:56 PM - Apr 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}