Anita Xanax
A
Ok, WTF is going on with these ads? Some of these are offensive and f'ing gross! How are these ads generated? Maybe #Post should've gone this route and still be around, but.... is this how Spoutible is staying afloat? Pretty f'ed up. Someone enlighten me? #postrefugee
02:54 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
In response to Anita Xanax.
One of the benefits here is making fun of ads. Between the rodents, mosquitoes and toenail fungus there is plenty to make fun of.
07:58 PM - Apr 21, 2024
just alex
A
In response to Jennifer Moore Baker.
After I participated in the Friday night dance party, I got lots of cool ads about dance classes, exercise equipment, etc.
😉🙃
08:23 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Anita Xanax
A
In response to Jennifer Moore Baker.
Unfortunately, this ad showed Japanese women spreading their legs at a fast food restaurant
08:54 PM - Apr 21, 2024
eanybean
A
Spoutible doesn't have an angel investor. It's a grass roots platform. The choice was between making it subscription-based or ad-based funding. The founder went with ad-based as a subscription model hinders user adoption.

There's been an initial round of community investment recently - went well.
07:55 PM - Apr 21, 2024
kiki@gigharbor
A
I call them trigger ads. The rat one doesn't bother me, but the teeth give me the heebeejeebees(?). The why this ad thing works.
04:29 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Yo Wassup?
A
The ads seem quite ignorable fortunately...
04:24 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Tricia
A
If you choose "why this ad" from the previous box you will see this. You can block the ad or report the ad.
03:09 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Tricia
A
Ads are supplied by Google, not Spoutible.
If you find an ad offensive click on the X
and choose "stop seeing this ad". See next thread for more info.
03:07 PM - Apr 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}