Peace Zodanou
A
I know this site is very young. I also know there won't be a massive migration of #WritingCommunity from bird site to here. So I've been wondering if we should wait for Spoutible to grow a bit before we try building a community here for those pursuing traditional publishing. Just thinking out loud.
10:56 AM - Mar 16, 2023
J. D. Richards
A
In response to Peace Zodanou.
There seems to be a strong wind of change and undertones of churning soil right now in trad pub, based on the agents and editors I follow there. Yes, twitter has a strong hold on the trad pub community, but will there be a schism? If so, spoutible may be a good place to start fresh?
02:41 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to J. D. Richards.
Yeah. There's definitely a shift happening.
03:39 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Leslie Farnsworth
A
My thinking: We can and should continue to build a community here, but I agree it likely won't replace the "other" site for a long time--and certainly not while traditional publishers and agents look at traditional social platforms to gauge an author's potential reach.
01:41 PM - Mar 16, 2023
May Zullino
A
I for one enjoy smaller communities, maybe even more than large ones. It's true that what used to work for us on 🐦 won't work here with our small numbers, but I think we can still have a worthwhile community
01:36 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Anissa
A
I say build and they will come.
11:10 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
Count me in as an aspiring author looking to be published through the traditional route. 🙂
11:00 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
Nice to meet you, Anthony. What do you write? (Or enjoy writing?)
I'm mostly into children fiction and young adult fiction. But I try to read widely.
11:06 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
And before you say "how about self pub?" I've been watching how a lot of you are already hustling hard and finding each other. 🙂
But I'm not pursuing self-publishing and even though I know stuff I'm sure I know less compared to my experience with trad pub. That's all. 💛
10:59 AM - Mar 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}