Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
thread 1/4
Uygurs in China have been a severely persecuted minority in China. The Han have placed all the men in concentration/reeducation camps, and have raped and forced into marriage many of the women. Why are college protestors saying nothing about this? It has been happening for about a decade now!
04:45 PM - May 03, 2024
A
thread 2/4
But maybe because China produces so many of the goods we can't "live" without? Like our phones? I had a student who was Uygur, and was told by family to not go home...ever! He was depressed and disponent on the best of days. I wanted to scream out. What he told me is that I just need to talk
A
thread 3/4
about it. So I mention it in my classes often. And this term, I was challenged by a student recently who wanted to talk about how bad Israel is. Once I brought up China, he admitted he knew nothing of the situation. And I pointed out that this is not recent! There is a genocide happening there,
A
thread 4/4
and nobody is doing a thing? Why? We can absolutely be aware of both, but need to be aware of how we are lied to and manipulated by forces that seek to keep us in the dark. We should be fighting just as hard for the Uygurs!!!
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
It is. The pain and horror some people have to endure just to stay alive brakes my heart. Around the world people are being exploited and abused and at least here 🇺🇸 we only get what the media cartel feeds us. Stories like yours should ping our curiosity and thirst for more knowledge.
05:04 PM - May 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}