Cynthia Williams
A
It's now officially ILLEGAL to wear a face mask publicly in North Carolina EVEN IF YOU NEED TO WEAR IT FOR HEALTH REASONS.

Guess who's going to keep wearing her face mask when she wants to?

Guess who's going to court if she's arrested?

Accuracy Alert!

The claim that "It's now officially ILLEGAL to wear a face mask publicly in North Carolina EVEN IF YOU NEED TO WEAR IT FOR HEALTH REASONS" is misleading. The North Carolina Senate has passed a bill to revoke an exception, created during the COVID-19 pandemic, that allowed individuals to wear masks for health reasons. The historical mask ban law dates back to the 1950s and was originally intended to curb activities by groups like the Ku Klux Klan. The proposed legislative change removes the pandemic-era health exception, but since the bill is at the Senate stage, it has not yet been officially enacted into law. Therefore, the claim is premature and overlooks the legislative process required for the bill to become law.

05:34 AM - May 17, 2024 (Edited)
MaxxMilly Browne 808
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
I’m with you - I continue to wear a mask in public places. I also travel between two countries - so, I am protecting both from foreign covid variants.
10:55 PM - May 18, 2024

Only followers of this user (DataDawg) can see their posts

Pedro José Aponte Gil de Lamadrid
A
Awesome example on this great Spoutible feature. Not only was I protected from an inaccurate statement, but educated about the matter.
09:32 PM - May 17, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Pedro José Aponte Gil de Lamadrid.
I just read the accuracy note and am glad it was added. However, the accuracy note is still inaccurate. The NC State Legislature Speaker, Tim Moore, did confirm to the local Press that there are no medical exceptions for the mask ban. As a result, there one protest was held about the ban.
06:06 AM - May 22, 2024
Celia T.
A
why wear a face mask during a protest?
02:55 PM - May 17, 2024
hal
A
In response to Celia T..
1) Crowds provide great opportunities for bugs to spread.
2) Some people have reason to fear retaliation for their participation.
02:57 PM - May 17, 2024
Dennis Bode
A
I will go with you wearing a mask...
01:44 PM - May 17, 2024
BLS Is tired of the BS
A
I plan to pad my retirement fund by going to North Carolina, parade around in my mask, get arrested and then sue the living sh*t out of them.
09:46 AM - May 17, 2024
Alvin The Chipmunk
A
Let us know if you need funds for bail or legal fees. I will be happy to kick in.
06:36 AM - May 17, 2024
Bren
A
They can thank themselves for creating law suits because they will be coming. People passing these laws are the petty time wasters. You've got your head on straight.
06:29 AM - May 17, 2024
Francy NOT Fancy
A
...and unconstitutional!!
06:22 AM - May 17, 2024
Elle Cohen
A
Unbelievable. Stay safe.
05:54 AM - May 17, 2024
Kathleen F789
A
To think I twice seriously considered moving to North Carolina... 😷😷😷
05:53 AM - May 17, 2024
Airyca White
A
In response to Kathleen F789.
It's a nice place to live...even with all the bs. I will continue to wear my mask.
07:30 AM - May 17, 2024
Max Prophet
A
Look at getting arrested for that as winning a lottery ticket. Just needs a lawyer to be redeemed. And I did the same damn thing. Because while I don't plan on traveling through North Carolina, if I did, I'm still wearing my fucking mask because I got multiple health conditions that put me at risk.
05:46 AM - May 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}