Christopher Bouzy
A
Spoutible is 49 days old. Twitter launched in 2006, look at when many of your favorite follows finally joined Twitter. It is going to take months and in some cases years, before people join. What you and others can do is mention Spoutible each time they tweet. Word of mouth is powerful.
Trust Facts @TrustFacts
This is my fav site & I want to quit Twitter. Why don't I?

There are politicians, news agencies, doctors & journalists that are on Twitter and not here. I don't like Twitter but I have to go there to see Obama, Biden, Jeffries, Raskin, etc.

@cbouzy please research why they are not coming.
08:06 AM - Mar 22, 2023
08:14 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Kate ChinaKatWrites
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Except your posts get blocked or disappeared if you mention another site. I speak in code. I am in bluer venues in the sky or swimming the deep blue seas with the whales.
01:48 PM - Aug 08, 2023
Andi Pandi
A
Top officials should have staff cut/paste tweets to all the tip sites, else it is favoritism. Why this isn't a bigger thing is beyond me. 🤷‍♂️
06:56 PM - Jul 31, 2023
Aspie Allie
A
Use this
07:44 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Andy Topley
A
For me, I'm feeling more and more alone on Spoutible.

It's so dominated by US users, that I'm struggling to find users from the UK that I would like to follow.

Feels like every other post is about the democrats or republicans.
05:22 PM - Mar 23, 2023
Aspie Allie
A
In response to Andy Topley.
07:45 PM - Jul 15, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
It doesn't hurt to try to Tweet these professionals and so on, wherever possible, to suggest to them they are welcome (and needed) here on Spoutible.
03:48 AM - Mar 23, 2023
Kathryn
A
Twitter could die at any moment based on Elon's track record so far. I mean he's fired most of the Twitter staff. So, I have made Spoutible my new home. It's very engaging, fun, fast, and safe. I have a really good feeling about Spoutible and I'm goin with that feeling. 🐳
02:18 AM - Mar 23, 2023
Sandra Przybylski
A
Totally agree. I joined Twitter in 2010. Didn't pay any attention to my account until 2015, when I activated it when trump rode down the escalator in trump tower. It took me months before I got to 1000 followers. All the big resistor accounts either didn't exist or were very small. #persistence
09:19 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Razorback Jack
A
I’ve been reminding folks that you don’t have to quit Twitter to check out Spoutible. I suspect they will after they see the dif. I’ve also dropped links to Spoutible on Twitter. The folks over there don’t seem to be too big on that . 😁
09:06 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Jonathan Meyers
A
I don't post any content or commentary on twitter anymore-- I only post requests to people to leave twitter and join Spoutible.
05:45 PM - Mar 22, 2023
jacny Joch
B
weldone spoutible
01:16 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Jay Marsden
A
Anyone developing an auto-cross-posting app or browser extension?
01:08 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Trisha Ann
A
I prefer the fact that Twitter and Post have the "following" and "for you" headings at the top. In Twitter case it allows me to see everytime they shift me over to "for you" which is often and allows me to see how far time wise they have my following thread behind everything else
01:01 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Mia DaCosta
A
The research has been done. All of us here are Early Adopters.
11:20 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Mia DaCosta
A
In response to Mia DaCosta.
Oops, I meant Innovators. We're Innovators. #1stwave
01:07 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
And don't forget to sing "Spoutible, Spoutible, doing whatever a blue whale can" to the "Spiderman" theme tune when in public.
10:36 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Trust Facts
A
I was sincerely making a suggestion to make my favorite site better. I will not do that again, especially having gotten a response from someone else here to just leave.
09:46 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Pamela
A
In response to Trust Facts.
Wow! That’s rude. Please don’t let it discourage you from sharing your views. Most of us are happy to hear all viewpoints.
11:18 AM - Mar 22, 2023 (Edited)
Crazy Cruze
A
Your suggestion seemed to imply that Spoutible needs to be like twitter in less time than it took twitter to build its audience. I hardly think that’s fair when twitter had over a ten year head start. As for your demand that Bouzy research why Obama and others aren’t here? 🤦🏾‍♀️
11:24 AM - Mar 22, 2023
J to the B
A
I also still go to Tw1tt5r for sports. Hopefully some of the bigger sports accounts will migrate soon. It could take years for that, but hopefully it will come eventually. #SpoutibleSports
09:45 AM - Mar 22, 2023
SparkyLawyer
A
One thing that I have done is change my Twitter handle to:

"On Spoutible: @SparkyLawyer 🐳"

One tweet I sent out last week had 42k impressions and close to 600 retweets, so I see it as advertising for Spoutible.

I only stay on twitter for my legacy connections and engagement.
09:27 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to SparkyLawyer.
Great idea, thanks.
12:18 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to SparkyLawyer.
A lot of people have done that. Most have not migrated…and that’s fine. Change is hard for some people. Especially if you have a large follower base. I have to honestly say I stay because my OK Twitter Circle is there and we are trying to oust #RyanWalters Edu. Super. But this is my home. 🐳❤️
12:55 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
I have very little “reach” on twitter, but I will continue to tell my faves from there (famous or not) to come here asap.

I’m also doing this offline/IRL with strangers as well as people I know…

If we all convince 5-10 people to join, we can/will expand quickly enough 🤩💃
09:24 AM - Mar 22, 2023
James
A
More will come when the site is fleshed out more and features come and there's less spoutible is great 'but it needs'.
Things like Muting/more control over our feeds and the app etc.

General focus toward stability and the pace of fixes has been great tho so far.
08:59 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
In response to James.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:59 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Jodi_WRK
B
💯💯💯
08:45 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Kathleen Kern
A
One of the things I find exciting about @Spoutible is that when people join years from now, I'll be one of those people who's been on forever and has umpteen thousand followers and new people will wonder why the hell so many people find me so interesting.
08:45 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to Kathleen Kern.
It’s that combination of the photo and the orange backdrop. Can’t miss.
12:21 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Nancy M
A
Opinion: A lot of "big names" are on Twitter because of the monetary incentive (sponsorship/advertisers) they get by having more followers and $ for each posts. Since Spoutible allows no advertisements there's not incentive for them to come here (or they have a presence here but rarely spout). Sad!
08:44 AM - Mar 22, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

Jasmine A.
A
In response to Nancy M.
09:59 AM - Mar 22, 2023
sr gillespie
A
I have been mentioning it to, and am patiently waiting for, my favorite comedians to "come on over", as well.
08:43 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Lynn From_OK
A
There has been quite a bit of negativity and misinformation about Spoutible on Twitter, including from at least one person I never would have expected it from. Also, a lot of people moved to Mastodon before Spoutible launched and aren't willing to move again.
08:40 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Lynn From_OK
A
In response to Lynn From_OK.
Spoutible is its own thing and we may have to accept that it will never replace Twitter but that doesn't mean it's a failure.
08:43 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
In response to Lynn From_OK.
09:03 AM - Mar 22, 2023
uOMi
A
I really see no need to hate on twitter.

I use both sites for different reasons.

Also, I just posted about #Spoutible on twitter.
08:35 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to uOMi.
I mean, aside from the fact that Twitter is now run by a white supremacist, transphobe, and friend of the Kremlin, Chinese dictatorship, and Saudi regime who has stripped basically all protections from the site and banned people he doesn't like while letting literal Nazis and terrorists back on?
03:50 AM - Mar 23, 2023
Trust Facts
A
I do understand that it takes time and I do encourage people, but I am answering why some people don't quit. Honestly and sincerely trying.
08:32 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Some people make money being there. What they tweet an how they influence us just as much a job as journalism or acting or being a comedian. It's about getting paid.
08:55 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Diane Turner
A
Even Spoutible will have rude people. Sorry. Most people haven’t quit Twitter entirely. Those who have good for them. I often go to see what is trending and breaking there. I have found that by then discussing what I find there here- I am less stressed than before.
03:26 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister
A
Plus, invite the people you want to see here! It costs them nothing to check us out & they will love it when they do.
08:30 AM - Mar 22, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

uOMi
A
In response to Anne NotOfCleves.
NO
08:35 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Trust Facts
A
I have been encouraging them and I know it takes time.
08:27 AM - Mar 22, 2023
Tammie Sylvia
A
I have been doing that. I have also shared interesting spouts to my twitter feed along with a message encouraging folks to come over to #Spoutible . I was lost in a vacuum over there, but hopefully I can convince some folks to leave the dying bird and migrate to Spoutible!!
08:25 AM - Mar 22, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}